About to get started on the redo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've been leveled with HBS 2.5 spacer now since about Sept. Haven't been too happy with it, and we are now 20 days from hitting the road full time. Getting new tires on the 16th and gathering all the parts. This afternoons project, swapping out the old lift for Bilstein's.

Probably going to finally start a build thread after this. :favorites13:

Attachments

• IMG_5783.jpg
    IMG_5783.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 97

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice! Got my Bils installed a couple of weeks ago, ride is much improved IMO. Say, is that a BOB I see in the back of the truck with the front wheel removed?

OP
OP
BoldAdventure

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Does anyone have any tricks to the top bolt on these rear shocks or are you all just taking them to a shop. Because this is just absurd. I've never had such a difficult time in my entire adult life removing one ******** nut and bolt.

ETHIKILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
stuff
I cut OEM plastic shroud off upper strut to gain access to the shaft and used vice grips. The rubber isolator leaves little room around the nut to get the wrench, and even then, you'll just round the 10MM hex that's supposed to hold the shaft for removal.

I did mine with 7K on the odometer and everything was shiny new and we still rounded the nut on the first spin.

OP
OP
BoldAdventure

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yeah, I took the inner fender liner off, wow. That made me feel like I'd never done shocks before. Oh, and I get to contend with the fuel tank on the other side. Sigh... :roflsquared:

Gonna be getting beers tonight, that's for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_6989.jpg
    IMG_6989.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 80

ETHIKILL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
stuff
I cut OEM plastic shroud off upper strut to gain access to the shaft and used vice grips. The rubber isolator leaves little room around the nut to get the wrench, and even then, you'll just round the 10MM hex that's supposed to hold the shaft for removal.

I did mine with 7K on the odometer and everything was shiny new and we still rounded the nut on the first spin.

Disregard quoted post, I failed at reading comprehension. That's what I get for goofing off at work. This was in reference to front end.

Glad you made headway.

deangtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I cut the box end off a 13/16 craftsman wrench and stuck it up there. Bout three inches in total length.