Abs light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harleyhog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi guys I'm new to the forum I'm having trouble with my 2011 dodge ram if I hit a bump the abs,and traction control light comes on, if I restart the truck and move a couple of feet light will go out , I had code read c 1032 - RIGHT REAR WHEEL SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL ERRATIC PERFORMANCE and code c-102b-RIGHT REAR WHEEL SPEED SENSOR CIRCUIT IM NOT SURE IF ITS THE SENSOR OF A BAD WIRE, ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I am pretty sure, the Ram has speed sensors on every wheel

They don't cost much & are easy enough to change out

The rears are simple to change out

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Been dealing with the same issue for quite a while now on my 2012. Funny thing, my code is also for the right rear sensor.
I’ve got new sensors all the way around, and have checked/cleaned all the plugs that are easily accessible, and still have the issue.

Seems like my only other possibilities are either the ABS module itself is going bad, or there is a problem with the wire harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

Harleyhog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm going to try a new abs sensor first because is easier than see what happens .

WireEd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could be sensor, wire harness or connector. Also could be the tone wheel in the hub. Could be heavily corroded or maybe broken tooth or become loose. If you remove the sensor, rotate the wheel or hub and look at the teeth. Should be shiny and clean. Also look at the end of the sensor for damage. There is a coil of wire within and if broken or worn through it can fault. It’s a pretty bad place to have electronics. The fault code will disable your abs but not the brakes themselves so it is usually ok to drive just be mindful of the abs is all. Hope this helps.

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To add to what WireEd said, if you have a 4x4 with the 44-44 case (auto4x4 option), you will most likely also get a “service 4x4” light. When that happens, the transfer case will not send any power to the front wheels, regardless of which drive mode is selected.

OP
OP
H

Harleyhog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do get service 4x4 and when this was happening this winter I had no 4wd, but if I shut truck off and restart it the 4wd would work

OP
OP
H

Harleyhog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What does the rear abs sensor off a tone ring or wheel bearing

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I found a video that may be helpful
The vehicle is a 4th Gen Powerwagon

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What does the rear abs sensor off a tone ring or wheel bearing

not sure what exactly you are asking here?
On my 2012 though, there are two tone rings, one on each wheel. They are on the axle shaft, just behind the flange.

c52a38012a0d8e3d0f19ab575fff6ff8.jpg

OP
OP
H

Harleyhog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's was exactly what I was asking so they do have tone rings thanks I'm hoping to get look at it in day or two

OP
OP
H

Harleyhog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not sure how I can check the wires . The wires run on top of cross member and up side of gas tank

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to my world. [emoji106]
I’ve narrowed my issue down to either the abs module, or the wiring for the right rear sensor. The fact that the only sensor I’m getting a fault code for, is the right rear, I’m leaning more towards a wiring issue.
Since I don’t feel like pulling the bed off and opening up the wire loom, I just keep resetting the abs module with my scanner when the light comes on.

OP
OP
H

Harleyhog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When mine comes on once u stop and restart it goes out again

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I believe the video that i posted shows how he checked the wiring with a multimeter or something similar, i believe that he also gave the readings that you should be seeing..
I hope that it is the video that i am thinking about, if not, there is a Youtube video that has that in it

Good Luck

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When mine comes on once u stop and restart it goes out again

Mine does that too, however, without resetting the module, the code will be stored, and the light will come back on much sooner.
Does yours "surge" while driving down the highway? If I'm driving down the highway when mine acts up, the traction control light will flash, and the throttle will cut out momentarily.
I have been using my OBD link MX+ and Jscan app to monitor all 4 wheel speed sensors in real time. When my lights come on, the right rear wheel speed jumps to some really high speed. This causes the computer to think that wheel is spinning, which in turn cuts the throttle.

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I believe the video that i posted shows how he checked the wiring with a multimeter or something similar, i believe that he also gave the readings that you should be seeing..
I hope that it is the video that i am thinking about, if not, there is a Youtube video that has that in it

Good Luck

the video you posted, as well as others I have found online, show how to test the sensor. I have new, tested and confirmed good, sensors at all 4 corners. I suspect the issue is somewhere inside the wire harness between the rear of the truck, and the module. I would need to find the correct pin at the ABS module plug, and get some 20' leads for my multi-meter, to be able to test that wire. Either that, or pull the bed off and open the wire loom.

OP
OP
H

Harleyhog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine dont fo that at all and if the lights come on if I shut my truck off and restart it it was go out again, I remove the rotor other day and notice a bit of dirt on the sensor I clean it with brake cleaner it never came back on the last time I had it for a run but I'm keeping my fingers cross, I let u guys know

Heckler45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2012 Dodge RAM 1500 2WD had BOTH the ABS and the Traction Control lights came on ONLY when it was above 80 degrees outside. The brake pedal made a bumping sound like someone was hitting it with a rubber mallet. I pulled a code that said "Left rear wheel sensor connection bad" but checked all the connections and nothing wrong found. Then, I could pull up in the driveway about 15 feet and the speedometer jumped to 70 MPH! AND the cruise control would NOT work when the lights were on. FINALLY, I decided to change BOTH rear wheel sensors, not expensive at all. Problem solved after two months, smooth sailing. Just remember how they are making mass produced circuit boards today as Chevrolet trucks are having issues with bad solder joints in ABS systems......a good friend of mine has informed me.