ac clutch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
I was putting in a t-stat today and while bleeding the system ,with the heat on,and I noticed the ac clutch kept engaging and dis engaging.is this normal?why would the ac clutch engage with the heat on?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I was putting in a t-stat today and while bleeding the system ,with the heat on,and I noticed the ac clutch kept engaging and dis engaging.is this normal?why would the ac clutch engage with the heat on?
You can control when the A/C clutch is engaged or not by pressing the snowflake button on the HVAC control head. It does not matter if the temp is set to cold or hot.

Also, if you have the mode set to defrost the compressor will run regardless whether the A/C button has been pressed or not because the purpose of A/C is to remove the humidity from inside the cabin.

OP
OP
S

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
so, ac clutch engaging without snowflake button pushed is normal!good to know. thank you

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn