AC issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D Brown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2016 Ram w 5.7 Hemi. My AC started blowing warm air towards the end of last summer. This summer HOT air only. The clutch kicks on/off and I checked my refrigerant pressure and it is good. Any advice or knowledge on this topic is greatly appreciated!!!!!

OP
OP
D

D Brown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok. It’s not actually kicking on/off. When I turn on the ac it kicks in but no cold air.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
without checking the refrigerant running pressures and temperatures, it maybe a problem with the compressor.
Check the suction line temperature going to the compressor with the cabin fan running on low speed. If that line gets cold it's possibly a blend door issue.

OP
OP
D

D Brown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2016 Ram w 5.7 Hemi. My AC started blowing warm air towards the end of last summer. This summer HOT air only. The clutch kicks on/off and I checked my refrigerant pressure and it is good. Any advice or knowledge on this topic is greatly appreciated!!!!!

OP
OP
D

D Brown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the advice!!! When I checked the lines to see which one was getting cold, neither one was. And I had guaged it last week and it showed good on Freon. This week, i checked and it showed low, so I put a can of freon in and it’s working great! Thanks for everyone’s help!!! I appreciate it!!!! Saved me $$$&!✌❤️

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the advice!!! When I checked the lines to see which one was getting cold, neither one was. And I had guaged it last week and it showed good on Freon. This week, i checked and it showed low, so I put a can of freon in and it’s working great! Thanks for everyone’s help!!! I appreciate it!!!! Saved me $$$&!✌❤️

Thanks for the update and likely helping other users in the future.

I'm sure you're much happier with AC and that you fixed without a fat repair bill. :cool:

OP
OP
D

D Brown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes sir! And THANK YOU to those who helped and offered advice and possible solutions. Definitely didn’t want a repair bill! Thanks again!!! ✌

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hi there,

We are glad to see your fellow forum members were able to offer some insight and this concern seems to be resolved. If you run into further concerns with your vehicle at any point, do know we can be reached via private message for additional assistance.

Lex
Ram Cares

SK10

Reaction score
If your AC in your 2016 Ram with a 5.7 Hemi is blowing warm or hot air, there are a few potential causes:
  1. Low Refrigerant: Even if the pressure seems good, there might be a small leak in the system that's gradually depleting the refrigerant. A professional can check for leaks and recharge the system if needed.
  2. Faulty Compressor Clutch: The cycling on/off of the clutch could mean the clutch itself is faulty. This prevents the compressor from running consistently and cooling the air. You might need to replace the clutch.
  3. Electrical or Sensor Issue: Electrical problems or malfunctioning sensors can also cause hot air. These issues are best diagnosed and fixed by a professional.
  4. Blocked Condenser or Evaporator: Dirt and debris can clog the condenser or evaporator coils over time, reducing cooling performance. Cleaning or flushing them might help restore proper cooling.
Since AC issues can be tricky to diagnose and fix, it's best to take your vehicle to a qualified mechanic or service center. They have the expertise and tools to identify the problem and provide the right solutions.

Burton Shriber

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Wow, just went through this.
2021 Ram 2500, compressor would come on for 6 to 10 secs, switch off
and no cold air.
Took to my dealership, they swapped lines, compressor, check blend and f doors.
Ended up being the evaporator sensor, and doesn't require complete removal of the dash to replace, thank goodness.
Blows colder than ever...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500