AC questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
So I was curious as to how to make the ac in the truck ow ice cold and actually cool the entire cab of the truck like I remember it doing when my dad bought it brand new or like new trucks off the lot.

I get ice cold air on the drivers side vent but not as cold on the passenger side vents. Also will the ac system components being old have an effect on how the system cools the entire cab? Like its blowing cold but I feel the cab never really gets cold in this texas heat. Is it that this old truck lacks insulation that newer ones have or is it simply that I have a 17 year old ac system that just probably needs to be entirely replaced and flush the lines to run like these newer trucks. It's also never been serviced other than adding r134a and replacing r134a.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Given the vehicles age and you stated that refrigerant has been added before, I would suspect that the system is low on refrigerant.
It's possible the evaporator is dirty/partially plugged. Other possible issues of the AC not getting as cold could be air actuator doors not fully seating or the seals leaking by.