AC / unused fuse TIPM question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jelih

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have intermittent AC blower not working issues. It only doesn't work on hot days, but when it works, it works as it should, blows hard, no weird noises or smells. I initially changed the relay, I'm about to change the blower itself. Mine is the unit with the resistor built in. I went to check the F13 40A fuse based on a YouTube short, and the clear plastic top of the fuse went flying when i tried to pull it. I can get one locally, but in the meantime, I have a 5.7 Hemi, but there is another 40A fuse in the F9 location, which the manual says is for the diesel fuel heater. I'm quite confident my truck has no such heater, so can I just poach that fuse for the AC, or is it possiblybeing used for some unlisted purpose? Or perhaps Ram was kind enough to put spares in unused locations?

Sorry for the sloppily worded post.

OP
OP
jelih

jelih

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
40A F05 fuse for air suspension compressor is also present, but I don't have air suspension. Another spare?

OP
OP
jelih

jelih

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also I'm [redacted], no F09 fuse. It's the F06 fuse for ABS. F05 *IS* there tho but still no air ride.

OP
OP
jelih

jelih

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Used the F05 fuse. Idling in the driveway no with no warning lights.

I bought the Continental blower motor from Rock Auto for I think $125 shipped. The one I replaced was a Denso unit, which I believe is OEM. The Continental unit blows just as hard as the Denso, but is significantly slower to react to speed changes. There is a very very slight but still noticeable high pitched whine from the blower motor, but the radio at normal volume drowns it out. I think regular highway road noise would also be plenty to mask it.

I will update if the intermittent issue continues, because then I will need help since I've already replaced everything now.

OP
OP
jelih

jelih

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Drove 30 minutes to work. High pitched whine has gone away completely. Seems to react a little faster to fan speed changes. No issues pulling the F05 fuse. It looked brand new anyway whereas the F13 blower motor fuse had already been replaced by a previous owner with one of those taller aftermarket fuses and looked a little cooked. Gonna start saving my pennies for the likely TIPM rebuild/replace later.

OP
OP
jelih

jelih

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Fan stopped working again yesterday. Turns out last year I wasted the time and money on the blower motor, fuse and relay. This was my problem all along. The most upsetting part is that I only finally threw away the old blower motor like a month ago. It was almost certainly still perfectly fine, along with all the other Ram blower motors in landfills across the country.