Adaptive Cruise Surge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CHRISTJR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HD Hemi
Hello guys. I have a 2020 2500 Laramie crew short bed with 19k miles on the odo. I just returned from a 5,600 mile trip. My adaptive cruise began to surge about every 45 seconds or so. I was not towing anything. It surged regards of if MDS was on or off. I could lock my cruise on any speed, generally about 70-73 or so. The cruise was fine for about 45 seconds, then for no reason at all it would gain about 1mph higher than set point, then back off to about 1mph less than set point. It did this in the middle of nowhere with no traffic anywhere near me. Completely without reason and at random, approximately every 45 seconds to a minute or so. Very annoying and absolutely killed any potential for MPG. I even turned off Adaptive and turned on regular Cruise... Did the same thing. I called two different dealers after I returned home, both were telling me that is not possible or all they could do is hook up an analyzer to see if any codes were stored. There were none. Very frustrating. Anyone have any ideas????

Gondul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
My 2019 2500 has been doing this since day one... it constantly speeds up and slows down.
Doesn't matter what speed, doesn't matter if it is Adaptive Cruise Control or regular Cruise Control... it is entirely unusable.

Been to dealer numerous times and of course, same as you... no code, no problem..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Jord02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2022 Durango has been doing the exact same thing. Mechanic said it didn’t do it for him though. Has either one of you got an answer on what the issue is?