Add factory navigation 20 8.4 on 2020 Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Not until after I purchased my 2020 Laramie, did I find out it did not come with factory navigation. I do have Apple Car Play but would like the option to have the factory navigation as backup. My dealer says on the 20 models, you cannot get navigation unless you upgrade to the 12" display. Not sure I'm buying this. Anyone know if theat's true? if not, is it a flash upgrade or I have to replace the unit.

Thanks

768mph

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not until after I purchased my 2020 Laramie, did I find out it did not come with factory navigation. I do have Apple Car Play but would like the option to have the factory navigation as backup. My dealer says on the 20 models, you cannot get navigation unless you upgrade to the 12" display. Not sure I'm buying this. Anyone know if theat's true? if not, is it a flash upgrade or I have to replace the unit.

Thanks

Your dealer is incorrect, you can add Navigation travel group on 2020s (build) for $1295.
Comes with 8.4” NAV screen. Comes with gloss black surrounding.

15 Chevy SS- M6
Rotofab CAI
Resonator delete
Tuned by Shane Hinds

Sold:
19 Ram Laramie Sport
16 Ram Sport

OP
OP
Nutshell

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Your dealer is incorrect, you can add Navigation travel group on 2020s (build) for $1295.

15 Chevy SS- M6
Rotofab CAI
Resonator delete
Tuned by Shane Hinds

Sold:
19 Ram Laramie Sport
16 Ram Sport

Thanks. Happen to know a P/N?

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
795$ on my '19 why the increase..probably the same gear.

djcwardog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4

15 Chevy SS- M6
Rotofab CAI
Resonator delete
Tuned by Shane Hinds

Sold:
19 Ram Laramie Sport
16 Ram Sport

If you already have your truck then we're talking about a retrofit. You seem to have the UAM 8.4" screen with Carplay, A audio but no nav. That's what I now have retrofitted into mine - from the base UAA 5" screen. Both of these have a single part that installs up in your black surround and trim bezel. Move up to either the 8.4" UAV or the 12" UAX (both have nav) and you also have a second part - the "brain" that gets mounted in the dash behind the separate screen. The amazing thing about all of these, including the 5", is how high-quality the display resolution is - way to go FCA.

So, your retrofit would take you into installing both the brain and a new screen. By the way, I use Waze now in the truck (through CarPlay) and I've grown to like it better than the factory nav. You get real-time data points from other users (and you can also submit them) as to cars on the shoulder, speed traps, whatever.

Last edited: