Adding DEF without leaks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I buy the Wally World Super Tech jugs

Just like with a quart jug of oil, i pour with the nozzle up at the top, that way i control the pour & air easily enters at the top
That way there is no glug, glug, glug with no flow control

1655976260736.png

1655976601042.png

Fediej

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
so, new to diesel with def also. brand new rebel Echo-diesel and havent had to fill up the def tank yet. when you get the def at gas stations, where is that normally located or what stations carry the def. i have a jug to put in but was wondering about filling at the station. used to have a Cummings in my 2000 2500 long ago.....didnt need no stinking DEF......lol
Most of your regular gas stations, even if they have diesel pumps, only sell DEF by the jug. If they have bulk or DEF pumps, they'll typically have a big blue "DEF" sign on the same place that the prices are posted and the pump will typically be co-located with the big truck diesel islands.

OP
OP
seatrout46

seatrout46

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
The right way to pour liquids

Thanks, good video for quart bottles. Doesn't work with the 2.5 gallon jugs with the handle on the wrong end to do it this way. Seems I'm not the only one frustrated with the def jug vents.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I still flip my DEF jug over
having the SuperTech nozzle turned just right, can be a hassle

I thought about constructing a shelf or table to set the jug on, as i am emptying it into the truck.
I messed up my left arm over a month ago & my strength has not returned
old age seems to be kicking my butt

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Sorry to hear about the arm, Yankee. Do you have any truck stops nearby that sell DEF at the pump?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The nearest DEF at the pump, that i can think of is 165 miles away

Up until about 3 or 4 years ago, all that San Diego County had for Truck Stops were two places that a Semi Truck could barely fit into, neither of them had Tire Service, you had to call for Mobile Tire Service.

Then the company that owns Flying J / Pilot saw a small piece of land that came up for sale. Right on the USA/Mexico Border.
The land for the Convenience Center , Drive Thru Wendys, & 4 rows of pumps for cars & pickups, actually take up more room than the Semi truck area, Pumps & Parking. It was not very well thought out. ( Again there is no Tire Service, or anything else.

I understand that some group has bought or leased some very Prime Property within a mile of the Truck Border Crossing

All the Properties on the U.S.A. side of the Border were bought up by speculators about 30 or 40 years ago. Now that land is still dirt & fences. I would guess that it will sell for about $1,000,000 an acre.
It will sell, because the U.S. Government is already building another extension to the Border Crossing.

The buildings . (actually Shanties) , that you see in this image, are all in Mexico

As i type, a New Border Crossing is being built on the undeveloped land

1657406221897.png

The current Border Crossing:
Just the Northbound Lanes coming into the USA, image below

There is another group of lanes to the East of this & then there is the Semi Truck Border Crossing

& as mentioned above, another section is being built

1657406836816.png

Last edited:

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
GTyankee,
You missed mentioning So-Cal Truck Stop on Tidelands in National City. It's been there for years. Has scales but no services. It used to sell gas and diesel, now only diesel, both for roads and dyed.

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
I started using a long neck funnel into the DEF hole, then I pour directly from the jug into the funnel. Never spill a drop. And it goes much faster than using the flex nozzle.

2020PW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ughh sounds like a great senerio for contaminated DEF.

FYI, raceme tuners are in Europe and make the tuners for the 6.7 for years if not a decade.

Mike Huber

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
All RaceMe tuners are produced in Europe and sent from Europe.
RaceMe Official was established in 2013, so they are in business since 10 years.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Thanks, good video for quart bottles. Doesn't work with the 2.5 gallon jugs with the handle on the wrong end to do it this way. Seems I'm not the only one frustrated with the def jug vents.
I know this thread is old but I had the same problem. Doesn't seem like the vent would work in any position, but maybe I was trying to pour it too fast. I ended up using a funnel that I just happen to have in the cab & pouring from the jug & not using the accordion nozzle.