Adding passenger power seat to Big Horn?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ruff boy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anybody have any thoughts, or if this can this be done without too much aggravation, if I have a power seat frame from like a Laramie..
Looking into it, because my Wife would love to be able to adjsut the seat/lumbar on long drives...

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anybody have any thoughts, or if this can this be done without too much aggravation, if I have a power seat frame from like a Laramie..
Looking into it, because my Wife would love to be able to adjsut the seat/lumbar on long drives...
You can install the Laramie seat plug and play and it will work. Remember the 13 and up trucks have completely different wiring than the 09 to 12 trucks. Make sure the seat is out of a 13 or newer and that it has the airbag. The Bighorn actually comes from the factory with all the correct wiring for power seats driver and passenger plus the heated/vented seats plus heated wheel even if your particular truck didn't come with it. You can do the full conversion to heated seats and wheel if you don't already have them or heated/vented seats and heated wheel if you chose. You can also enable memory and other features. If you interested I reccomend looking into alpha obd thread. If you are just interested in the power seat working there are no codes or special things needed. Just install the seat and plug it in.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

ruff boy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can install the Laramie seat plug and play and it will work. Remember the 13 and up trucks have completely different wiring than the 09 to 12 trucks. Make sure the seat is out of a 13 or newer and that it has the airbag. The Bighorn actually comes from the factory with all the correct wiring for power seats driver and passenger plus the heated/vented seats plus heated wheel even if your particular truck didn't come with it. You can do the full conversion to heated seats and wheel if you don't already have them or heated/vented seats and heated wheel if you chose. You can also enable memory and other features. If you interested I reccomend looking into alpha obd thread. If you are just interested in the power seat working there are no codes or special things needed. Just install the seat and plug it in.

Hopefully this will work on the newly redesigned 2019 also..
If so that's great news..My truck has the dual heated seats, driver power, heated steering wheel, just want the passenger power adjustable.. will check out alpha obd thread...Thanks

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hopefully this will work on the newly redesigned 2019 also..
If so that's great news..My truck has the dual heated seats, driver power, heated steering wheel, just want the passenger power adjustable.. will check out alpha obd thread...Thanks
Sorry didn't realize your truck was a 19. I can't see that info on Taptalk. The info listed was for the 13 to 18 rams. Not sure if it would be the same for the new 2019 Ram. The alpha tool is for the 4th gen Rams. Primary the 13 to 18 trucks.

OP
OP
R

ruff boy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry didn't realize your truck was a 19. I can't see that info on Taptalk. The info listed was for the 13 to 18 rams. Not sure if it would be the same for the new 2019 Ram. The alpha tool is for the 4th gen Rams. Primary the 13 to 18 trucks.

Thats cool, I'll do some more investigating, I'm sure there is a way to get it done!!!

Barry70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would it work the same way for the 2009 big horn, driver an pass ?