Adjusting E brake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brl2005

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I need to adjust more tension on my E brake. Does the rotor need to be removed to do this? Or is there access from behind? I looked and only saw where the cable hooks up.
Thanks, Brian

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
There's a small rubber plug on the back of the shield that you pull out to get at the star-wheel adjuster. IIRC from last week when I was doing my brakes, it's on the top on the driver's side and on the bottom on the passenger side.

-K

PrettyMolly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you have an automatic, just remove that overpriced parking brake setup...
That is the worst design ever... disk brakes + drum brakes on the same axle??? So you have to buy the pads for disk brakes at $30-$50, and then the stupidly overpriced shoes for the outdated drum brakes.
I have an automatic, and removed the parking brake from behind the rear rotors, and only have to worry about the brake pads now.

Black W900

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
If you have an automatic, just remove that overpriced parking brake setup...
That is the worst design ever... disk brakes + drum brakes on the same axle??? So you have to buy the pads for disk brakes at $30-$50, and then the stupidly overpriced shoes for the outdated drum brakes.
I have an automatic, and removed the parking brake from behind the rear rotors, and only have to worry about the brake pads now.

Don't do this.

Reactions: kad

fastf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT Thunder road
Engine
I wouldn't do that too you park that truck on a steep incline the transmission jumps out of park you are screwed.