Adjusting seat height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rick16706

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic - Warlock
Engine
6 Cyl 3.6L
I recently bought my first RAM, a 2019 Warlock. When I test drove it, I never realized that there was no height adjustment for the seats, but after the purchase, I found out that the seat was too low for my wife. I ended up buying the Ohio Diesel Parts Front Seat Spacer Lift Kit that is discussed in other posts in this forum and thought I should share what I went through.

First, let me say that I am a firm believer in "Buyer Beware" and that you get what you pay for. And I am not mechanically inclined and normally work on a vehicle with a hammer and a credit card. But in any event, from what I read on this forum, I thought that this was a simple enough job and that even I could do it. It turned out to be not so simple. Also, the kit is described as giving either a one or two inch lift to the front seat. In reality it is more like 5/8 and one and 1/4 inch lift.

I first tried doing the driver's seat. Removing the bolts that hold the seat to the floor turned out to be a real PITA. I had to buy some metric sockets as well as a longer ratchet handle to remove the rear bolts. I also had to grind down one of the lower corners of one of the heavy metal spacer bars for attaching the front of the seat in order to get it so that the bolt could be attached to secure it to the floor. Also once I got the driver's seat mounted, it felt like it was tilted back just a bit too much to suit me, so I removed the rear bolts and then added some heavy metal washers to increase the height of the back of the seat just a bit more. The end product turned out just fine and my wife was able to see over the dash much better. I am totally happy with the way the driver's seat turned out.

Then I attempted to raise the passenger seat. That did not go well at all. The jump seat is connected directly to the seat on the passenger side, but is connected to the floor on the driver's side. Once I had added the spacers to the passenger seat, then the jump seat and the folding console thngey in the center was tilted to one side and if I try to raise the console to allow use of the center seat, the lid rubs against the back of the driver's seat. The only way I can see to correct the situation is to remove the driver's seat to allow access to the floor mounting bolts of the jump seat, and then placing spacers under those mounting bolts. It just doesn't seem to be worth the effort. I ended up just removing the spacers from the passenger seat leaving them in their original position.

So my end result is that the spacers work fine on the driver's side, but are not worth the trouble for the passenger side. Maybe someday I'll change out the seats and put in some that have a height adjustment, but after paying a small fortune to buy a new truck, it's not worth spending the money right now. Anyway, my recommendation to anyone considering using the lift kit for adjusting the seat heights is just plan on doing the driver's side and forget about the passenger side.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Sort of odd that a specialty vehicle like the Warlock didn't come standard with at least a power driver's seat.

vicrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used the same kit for the drivers side, it worked well for me. Yes the rear bolts were tight but that's better then loose. I just went up 1 inch and also felt it leaned back just a little to much. I did the same as you and added a couple washers. Didn't feel a need to do the passenger side. All in all I was satisfied with the kit.