Aftermarket Headlights/Foglights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Mopar Guy

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I found this site from the forums here and I'm curious if these are truly good. Meaning, light and ease of install.
I have the Projecter Beams OEM lights and they are dim and yellow at night. Seems hard to see the road without any street lighting!
I'd like to make the install as easy as possible.
I did notice that my drivers side foglight does vibrate a lot while driving down the road. Is this typical of the fogs? Is it the bulb or the lens assembly that vibrates?

Attachments

• IMG_9306.jpeg
    IMG_9306.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9307.jpeg
    IMG_9307.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
Old Mopar Guy

Old Mopar Guy

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Is it necessary to remove the entire front grill to remove the headlight assemblies? Or can I get away with removing the headlight assemblies alone?

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can remove the headlights without removing the grill but it's much easier to just remove the grill. There are a few YouTube videos on both. Check them out before you try anything.

Here's one on removing the headlights without removing the grill. He's a member in here.

northvibe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have projector oem headlights, just get new led bulbs or hid kit.
For the fogs, yes, sometimes they bounce. You can make sure they are secured tight to the bumper, and there is a bracket that holes that mount to the foglight assembly. There is a threaded rod and spring w/ wing nut that aims the fog, if that is lose or missing it would jiggle as well.

I have the quad standard headlights and had a rough trip at night in the rain so I snagged some cheap $100 led fogs off amazon and new philips night vision bulbs to try. If they suck I'll have to try some oem or knock off oem projector headlight assemblies.

Fogs:

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
My fog light bolts were almost hand tight when I took them off other day to add new drl fog lights.

TigerX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Not 'necessary' to remove the grill, but it sure does make it a ton easier to get the headlights in and out. I just upgraded from a 2014 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn to a 2015 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn - only 48K miles. The first thing I did was to change to HID's in both the headlight (low beam) and the Fog Lights. I ran them in my 1500 as well. So many HID systems out there ranging in moderate to hilarious pricing. I'm running the Xtreme Vision HID's. I've run them in most of my vehicles going back some 7-10 years. I only run the 35W systems at the 8K color. Super easy to install with their relay harness, highly recommend the relay kit for any HID systems.