Aftermarket Wheel Lug Nut Torque for 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RVA Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Curious what torque people are using for their aftermarket wheels/lugs. 130 ft-lbs like stock or something lower?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Contact the wheel manufacturer.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Curious what torque people are using for their aftermarket wheels/lugs. 130 ft-lbs like stock or something lower?
Depends if you know how to inspect threads and know the difference in wheel lugs otherwise have a technician look at it for you.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
130 ft-lbs for most 4th gens some of the early ones are 120

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Check with the wheel manufacturer.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
If anyone was curious, Method Wheels recommends using the stock torque specs.
They also only offer lug nuts for their wheel based on year, make, and model
but for example 2016 / 1500 they only offer 6 lug options.
I adamantly recommend using a thread chaser on lug-nuts internal threads before installation.
A simple test is to use a stock replacement stud and proceed to attempt to fasten the lug-nut onto the stock lug using the appropriate socket and if equipped a spline adapter.
use only a 6 or 7 inch handled manual ratchet not a power or air tool.

Most people don’t care about the condition or even know about the condition of their wheel studs unless they fail or someone else like a service center points it out.

Most lug nut are manufactured in countries that do not conform to established safety laws or are they inspected routinely either by fault of our own stressed economy or our local or federal governments inspection officials.

In colder climates that experience freezing temperatures road salts are applied or in marine environments high corrosion rates occur.

Brakes wheels tires and suspension components are wear replacement components but lug nuts are often over looked.

To be honest you can have a rusted and crusty lug nut last the life of your vehicle but the most important thing is the condition of your wheel lug threads and their correlation with the threads of your lug nuts You don’t need to grease them just keep them BOTH clean.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
If anyone was curious, Method Wheels recommends using the stock torque specs.
As do most truck wheels. Car wheels are more finicky. Unfortunately 95% of the shops your car and trucks go to impact your lug nuts on with no torque stick or torque wrench

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
As do most truck wheels. Car wheels are more finicky. Unfortunately 95% of the shops your car and trucks go to impact your lug nuts on with no torque stick or torque wrench
I carry a torque wrench and long breaker bar under the back seat stop in the parking lot before I leave and adjust.
(in that way you also take inventory of valve caps etc.)
Once more when I get home (if less than 25 miles).4798930D-0085-4488-B251-D182D8A5928F.jpeg
these don’t take much space under the back seat either

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I carry a torque wrench and long breaker bar under the back seat stop in the parking lot before I leave and adjust.
(in that way you also take inventory of valve caps etc.)
Once more when I get home (if less than 25 miles).View attachment 486118
these don’t take much space under the back seat either
A lot of people don’t

Wallyb4

Retired EWC(SW/AW) 1983-2003
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I watch them and ask them to please torque to spec. The two tire stores I go to ( firestone and Discount tires) both use torque sticks and retorque once the veh is on the ground.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Milwaukke 1/2 impact #3 setting... :cool:

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I watch them and ask them to please torque to spec. The two tire stores I go to ( firestone and Discount tires) both use torque sticks and retorque once the veh is on the ground.
Hopefully that’s a standard and not just when you’re watching