Air bag helper on OEM Air Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zenney777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Quick Question, I have a 2016 Limmited with factory Air suspension and like many replacing a rear air bag due to a leak. Is it possible to tie in aftermarket air bag helpers into the factory air system. If possible yiu think it would help the longevity of the replacement bags?

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think adding a stand alone air bag would not be beneficial and would probably cause more problems. The factory system measures each corners ride height and adjusts the pressure in each bag accordingly. If you had a stand alone air bag setup the factory system would never see the height change as you'd be riding on the helper bags 100%. Your best options are either repair the air system correctly or convert it to coil springs with helper bags.

zrock

Reaction score
Will not work aftermarket bag systems will not fit in a air ride truck. After i deleted my air ride i tried and their is not enough height for the system without modifying the bumpstops