Air intake upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is completely wrong the vararam is proven to make a difference not only on a dyno but at the track. And from every member here that has one that can vouch for that difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.
Well, saws two tested recently and guess what. The damn thing made ZERO difference, ZERO. Test done at 72 degree temp wit 38% humidity, controlled environment, no vehicle drag accounted for, there was none.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There IS a difference at a drag strip! Tests have shown better performance and better times and speed. This is a real life "test". The only thing better IMHO is a Moe's custom track intake.
Jay

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking to get rid of my air box so I can add a second battery for car audio.

I have 2019 ram 1500 classic .

On my 08 I had the cheap short one from Amazon, are these good enough, anyone have experience with anything else ? Thanks

well lets get back to what really matters here and thats the 2 batteries,,,,,,,,,,,WHY? how much power you gonna push, I'm running 2 JL XD700s and not even a flicker, and theres guys running way more power on 1 battery. these new trucks can handle it, just 0-4 gauge wire on pos and neg and you're good to go

bob sisic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi sport 4x4 crew cab
Thanks for the reply, seems to be around $400 I'm Canadian.
I like it, how's the maintenance on it?

Is there any other options?

Much appreciated brother.
I'm from Canada and it was closer to 600 with exchange and customs

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L

On my 08 I had the cheap short one from Amazon, are these good enough, anyone have experience with anything else ? Thanks

Just build a cheap one from Ebay. You are doing car audio so performance upgrades are somewhat pointless. Also, every vehicle responds differently to mods. Spending a bunch of money on a vararam may not net you any performance gains. Put that towards your car audio.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Save your money!!! The only thing it does is make it “sound” better. And with MDS the drone can be irritating. Stick with stock, pulls cold air in from the fender well. This cold air crap from under the hood is bogus noise. You won’t glean 1 more hp, or 1 mpg.... You actually pull in warmer air from the engine compartment.
This isn't true, the Vararam has proven dyno results to back it up.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the older s&b which is sealed. I have gone fording and had water over my headlight and the filter was still clean and dry. The rest of the engine bay was wet and had dirty water flung all around. Eventually I may try to see if it’s possible to use the aev snorkel with the s&b airbox though. I’ve used gasketing material to seal the actual box up pretty decently
S&B is the ONLY other option worth considering instead of the Vararam.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just build a cheap one from Ebay. You are doing car audio so performance upgrades are somewhat pointless. Also, every vehicle responds differently to mods. Spending a bunch of money on a vararam may not net you any performance gains. Put that towards your car audio.
Don't listen to this, he has no idea what he's talking about. The Vararam has dyno proven results, spend the money.

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Don't listen to this, he has no idea what he's talking about. The Vararam has dyno proven results, spend the money.

Just because some vehicles have shown some horsepower increase does not mean it will for his particular application. You dont know his altitude, health of the engine, etc. I'm not saying it's a crappy product, I'm just saying you don't know what the dynos used were and how accurate and maintained they were as well.

Plus, why would you waste money ($330 USD)on an intake that may add 10 hp if you're going to be adding a bunch of weight with heavy stereo equipment. He wants more space for an extra battery, not to run better times at the strip.

I know plenty of what I am talking about. I'm just using logic rather than some anecdotal advice based on dyno proven results. Yes, several guys may have had a hp gain, but there are so many factors including other mods at the time of the dyno run. Even their website doesn't even show a dyno run.

Ohio5pt7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Just because some vehicles have shown some horsepower increase does not mean it will for his particular application. You dont know his altitude, health of the engine, etc. I'm not saying it's a crappy product, I'm just saying you don't know what the dynos used were and how accurate and maintained they were as well.

Plus, why would you waste money ($330 USD)on an intake that may add 10 hp if you're going to be adding a bunch of weight with heavy stereo equipment. He wants more space for an extra battery, not to run better times at the strip.

I know plenty of what I am talking about. I'm just using logic rather than some anecdotal advice based on dyno proven results. Yes, several guys may have had a hp gain, but there are so many factors including other mods at the time of the dyno run. Even their website doesn't even show a dyno run.
He already stated he isnt doing it for performance in the first place he wants the extra room. Vararam gives you both. And .2-.3 in a 1/4 is a lot more than 10hp lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk all grammar errors brought you by fat fingers and auto correct.

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

How many watts you plan on having to need a second battery, class ab amps?

I have 2400w of classd D amps and my single Northstar 94r AGM hold the load just fine. The alt is the issue when pushing the system.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
bottom line you have to remember the truck is already running so the battery isnt running the stereo, the alt is. if the alt cant keep up with all the accessories running then the battery drains, hence the reason for a bigger alt

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rskew