Air Ride Entry/Exit Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMHON

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 5 4X4
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine
Is there a way to set the default air ride suspension mode to entry mode when the truck is turned off? Seems to me that it would make sense the truck would automatically go into entry/exit mode when turned off? Right now when turned off I think it stays at whatever height the truck was last operated at but not sure.

I'm glad I got air ride suspension - for me the ride is near perfection.

fdnj48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't believe so. I have it too and mine does the same thing. I wish there was a way to keep the truck from lowering itself wen I have it raised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't believe so. I have it too and mine does the same thing. I wish there was a way to keep the truck from lowering itself wen I have it raised.

There is. If you're talking about it dropping to normal ride height after reaching speed there is a way around that. I will be leveling my air ride as soon as some parts come in the mail. You modify the sensor links and it will trick the truck into thinking off road 2 is normal ride height. I'm just going to change the front sensors so that it's level. You can swap the sensor links front to back and it will be about an inch higher than off road 2. It will ride a little rough from the increased amount of air in the bags and won't be able to go into or1 or or2.
As far as automatically going to entry/exit I also don't think there is a way for that. I put side steps on for the wife and kids. Use entry/exit for loading the dog or hitching up trailers.
Here's a pic with the links swapped. Would need an alignment if you plan on leaving them swapped.
http://www.ramforum.com/members/jerry1984-albums-2014_black_express-picture20986-image.html

fdnj48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is. If you're talking about it dropping to normal ride height after reaching speed there is a way around that. I will be leveling my air ride as soon as some parts come in the mail. You modify the sensor links and it will trick the truck into thinking off road 2 is normal ride height. I'm just going to change the front sensors so that it's level. You can swap the sensor links front to back and it will be about an inch higher than off road 2. It will ride a little rough from the increased amount of air in the bags and won't be able to go into or1 or or2.

As far as automatically going to entry/exit I also don't think there is a way for that. I put side steps on for the wife and kids. Use entry/exit for loading the dog or hitching up trailers.

Here's a pic with the links swapped. Would need an alignment if you plan on leaving them swapped.

http://www.ramforum.com/members/jerry1984-albums-2014_black_express-picture20986-image.html

That's very interesting. I'm not very mechanically inclined tho so I'm not really to sure of how I would do all that

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is how to remove the front. I was also going to remove the rears but my wife called and didn't feel like redoing it. Like I say there is a slight s curve to them so they will need to be flipped when swapping front to back. Should be pretty obvious which side is needed where. I also recommend swapping in normal height mode. I just showed in or2 so it's easier to see where they are. Once swapped turn the truck on, hit lower to go to entry/exit, then back to normal height and you have a 3 inch lift.
http://youtu.be/kWh-yIyMchA
If you plan on keeping the lift you would want a front end alignment.

GP4L

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is there a way to set the default air ride suspension mode to entry mode when the truck is turned off? Seems to me that it would make sense the truck would automatically go into entry/exit mode when turned off? Right now when turned off I think it stays at whatever height the truck was last operated at but not sure.

I'm glad I got air ride suspension - for me the ride is near perfection.

There's no factory setting to do that. And you're right, the truck will stay at whatever ride height you were at before shutting the truck off. I'm frequently sore from work/hockey beer league, so what I do is : use the key fob to lower the truck as I'm walking up to it. I usually remote start the engine first, as occasionally the ride height change will be canceled due to "low voltage." Ram had a recall to address that, and I had it done, but my truck still doesn't like changing ride heights sometimes without the engine running.

I suspect that Ram didn't add an automatic lowering feature for a couple reasons : first being the battery drain. The pump motor draws a decent amount of power, and without the engine's alternator continuously re-charging the battery while the engine is running, the battery's life will be significantly reduced (obviously being a huge issue to the owners).

Second being; if you're parked over something that the truck might lower itself onto, causing damage to either the undercarriage and/or bumpers/sidesteps/rockers. This is also certainly why it wont let you lower the truck if the doors are open. It's requiring operator input, so in a sense, the truck doesn't do something "stupid" on its own. If the truck automatically lowers onto something, and damages itself - that's on Ram. If the operator lowers the truck onto something, and damages itself, it's on the operator.