air suspension intermittent bounce troubleshoot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

offersjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i have a 2013 ram 1500 with air suspension that is intermittently failing. odd that it started right after a costco tire changeout and has never really recovered since(tires are balanced correctly). I suspect it was not put in tirejack mode, but I took care of that. there were diag messages on the dashboard that I cleared. later on, a suspension repair shop cleared the codes on the ascm(not the dashboard), and said it might just need to be cleared out for the truck to stabilize. it has been much better, but every few weeks, the truck starts bouncing when pulling out of the drive way, I turn the truck off for a few minutes, start the trunk back up, and then it is fine for the next few weeks. also, there is no diag code that is triggering now since the repair shop cleared the code on the ascm. I am in warm weather state, so no issues like I have been reading about Canada cold weather. Any thoughts?

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Have you checked your driveway for dead bodies?
Seriously though, sounds like a bad electrical connection.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First is to do a visual inspection if all the sensors and their leveling arms are hooked up. In case something broke or came unhooked when they put it on the rack. Or did the suspension shop check all that?

The best resource is the Ram Factory Service manual. There's a whole, comprehensive, air suspension section which goes through the whole diagnostic process step by step. What to check, etc. If you read that twice, you'd be an expert.

There's a download link on this page:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are relatively inexpensive shocks avail... aftermarket, if you need them. I haven't tried them. Just do a google search.