Air suspension question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deepblue27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2021 Rebel with air suspension. Overall, I really like the ride and the flexibility. I have the Off-Road Group with 4 levels (Off Road, Normal, Aero, Entry/Exit). I use the Normal setting on the road. 99% of the time, the system is perfect. However, once in a while if I hit a pot-hole or speed bump too fast, I get what sounds like a sharp "clunk" in the front end. Happens on both right & left. Could this be bottoming out ?
Would like to hear from others with with the air-susp to see if this is normal.

Lil' Rob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a 2020 and get a similar sound in those situations as well, so I am curious as well. I am looking at taking mine in before the warranty ends as it seems more and more the compressor seems to kick on by itself.

Stavinksi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have not observed this thump, I only have 10 k miles on mine and our roads aren’t bad enough that I can say I ever drove through a mini sink hole.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have not observed this thump...
Ditto. I have about 25k on my '20 and I also had a '15 that I sold with about 30k on it with the 4CAS and never heard it.

The only odd thing about the 4CAS I've noticed, and only with my '20, is that for the first 1-2 years I would occasionally hear what sounded like a release of air. Maybe my system was over-charged and it was venting with a pressure relief valve? Only ever happened in the summer when it was relatively warm out. And also only while in gear/motion.