airbag question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobbo7915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
looking for a recommendation on the airlift 1000 bags. i have the 2" drop rear coils in my 2014 and will be purchasing a trailer in the next month. i am wondering if i should be going with the bags Moe's list for the lowered rams (i believe they are the Durango bags?) or if i should use the bags listed for the Ram as it is only a 2" drop.

i will really need to keep the truck close to the height i am currently at and will be getting close to max payload when i am loaded with the trailer.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
NO. I am also lowered 2", and the stock RAM bags have LOTS of vertical room within the coils. I actually just replaced my bags this weekend, so I just got up close and personal with them.
I had purchased a set of the shorter bags, and they were so short they were ineffective, and I sold them to another member at a large loss (the shorter kit was more expensive than the RAM kit).

Hope this helps. Our trailer is 7K lbs loaded with a 750lb tongue weight, and the stock size bags are just fine.
**Be sure to keep at least 5psi in them as directed, or you can pinch them in the coil and start a slow leak.

OP
OP
B

bobbo7915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
awesome, thanks for the feedback! i am going to be right around where you are loaded but with a slightly higher hitch weight, the trailer i am looking at is a light weight fifth.

how have the stock shocks been holding up for you? and did you shorten the bump stops at all?

RamRacer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ijust dropped my 1500 off at this place to get a 2" level kit installed. I asked about airbags and they told me that they have seen them come back so many times because they fail and the best thing they recommend are a progressive spring designed for hauling $250 installed! i have a set of 17" Method wheels on order and I'm going with 33" red letter grabber tires.. i pull a toy hauler and i think I'm going to go with their recommendation on the rear springs..
check them out Auto Spring Corporation, Idaho's Largest Inventory of Auto and Truck Springs.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
awesome, thanks for the feedback! i am going to be right around where you are loaded but with a slightly higher hitch weight, the trailer i am looking at is a light weight fifth.

how have the stock shocks been holding up for you? and did you shorten the bump stops at all?

Our stock shocks seem fine so far. There is SO much travel on these trucks, it never missed those first 2 inches.
I have not touched the bump stops; stock leaves lots of opportunity for rebound. (Last summer the rear was 3" dropped and we towed for 6 hours each way sitting on the bumpstops; GLAD I left them alone :roflsquared:)

deathwarden5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8A
NO. I am also lowered 2", and the stock RAM bags have LOTS of vertical room within the coils. I actually just replaced my bags this weekend, so I just got up close and personal with them.
I had purchased a set of the shorter bags, and they were so short they were ineffective, and I sold them to another member at a large loss (the shorter kit was more expensive than the RAM kit).

Hope this helps. Our trailer is 7K lbs loaded with a 750lb tongue weight, and the stock size bags are just fine.
**Be sure to keep at least 5psi in them as directed, or you can pinch them in the coil and start a slow leak.

I am also looking at a 2" rear drop. And I want bags to help out.

With the RAM Air Lift kit (for stock height) does it raise the rear at all with even the min pressure aired up in the bags? That is my main worry, putting the bags in and it negating the drop springs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank