Airlift 1000 HD for Adjust the Back with Bed Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Morphine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, with a complicated question.
With the roof tent and bed rack and luggage, the Ram is now a little lower at the back.
I'm guessing about 2 cm. Stuff stays on it all year and is not removed. Would like to bring the ram back to the correct height. I heard about the Airlift 1000. Can I reach with it? I ride the Icon chassis in the link.
Or is it better to install a spacer?
Where can I get spacers in 0.75 inches or can I just install a 2nd spring insulator?
With the Airlift I imagine that I bring the Ram to the right height with the jack and then put air on the airbags.
That's right ?
I have no idea how that works.
Isn't that going to be too hard?
Do I lose the performance of the chassis as a result? He has become noticeably heavier ... but that was clear.
I think with all i have good 250 - 300 KG more on the Bed.
Thanks for your answers

Attachments

• IMG_3624.JPG
    IMG_3624.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3490.JPG
    IMG_3490.JPG
    202.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3626.JPG
    IMG_3626.JPG
    192.1 KB · Views: 13

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The rear end sits slightly higher when unloaded, if your bed rails are level then I wouldn't worry about trying to raise the rear unless you will be adding more weight.
If your thinking of air bags, go with the AirLift 5000 or a set from Timber Grove, both are more durable than the bag inside the coil set up of the 1000s.
You could also upgrade the springs to ones from TufTruck: https://www.tuftruck.com/

Plainbroke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the issue with the airbags inside the rear springs? They sound perfect to be able to level the truck with a large trailer or a bunch of extra stuff in the bed.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Since it is always loaded i would skip the bags and just go with a permanent setup like new springs or a spacer.

Curt Gobbell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Airlift 1000s has several clear advantages over the competition.

1. Inexpensive
2. Easy install
3. Eade of height adjustment
4. Air ride smoothness

RickyB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
NOTHING wrong with airlift 1000 or the HD version inside the coils…use em correctly and you will have no issues… had them on multiple vehicles over the years…. great solution for reasonable amounts of added weight and they are adjustable for the load etc…even more so with HD version…no drilling the frame either like the 5000s….if you set up each on their own valve stem, they can be used as a side to side load leveler too…great solution IMO and NO I don’t work for Air Lift ! If you go with just a spacer…those little springs get no help and will sag more over time…give ‘em a little air ride ,,,, always a good thing