Alfa OBD Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wheels64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Question for the AlfaOBD gurus out there. I have a 2019 1500 Laramie with the Hemi, I added the OEM bed lights and programmed them with the AlfaOBD. The lights work as advertised, but at first I lost virtually everything in the settings menu, no backup camera, the climate control buttons did not work correctly, lots of other things. The next day I went out and started the vehicle and it appears that all of those items came back and are working. The only thing I don't have right now is the ambient lights that shine in the cup holder, by the door handles etc. I went into AlafaOBD and turned those on, but I still don't have them. Is there another setting that I need to activate? Any help would be appreciated.

Also, which body computer is the correct one to select, there is about 5 of them when you first connect to AlfaOBD.

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1) did you accidentally turn down your dash lights?

2) the correct bcm is the one that is closest to your vehicle's model year, without going over. since you have a 2019, choose the "MY 2019 Power Net"
Screenshot_20240226-201921.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wheels64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
also, there are about 5 "2019 power net" ones to choose from they are "var. 1, 2, 3 and 4". whichever one I select is says connected to "My 2019 Power Net". I hope I didn't screw something up if I selected the wrong one.

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No. I start the truck turn on the lights and turn the dimmer switch in either direction, but no ambient lights at all.
So, not sure then what's up with the lightning.

As for the variants, I've not seen that before..

Hopefully you haven't messed up anything.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Usually with the bcm variations, when you connect to the bcm it will automatically detect which bcm you actually have and switch to that config on its own. On the connect screen pay attention to the bcm it shows after you’ve connected.

OP
OP
W

Wheels64

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I figured out why my ambient lights weren't coming on. The dash light dimmer switch was all the way up (bright) so the ambient lights weren't coming on. Sometimes you gotta be smarter than the switches.;)

thanks for your inputs.

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I figured out why my ambient lights weren't coming on. The dash light dimmer switch was all the way up (bright) so the ambient lights weren't coming on. Sometimes you gotta be smarter than the switches.;)

thanks for your inputs.
Glad you figured it out!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat