Alfa obd + obdlink Ex

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
martinoram

martinoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it is update !! not confirm yet that is working but the version is now
Yes, Android is evil and the Playstore is worse.

I don't want to corrupt you but there are other methods of obtaining Android apps besides the Playstore.

I used to sideload my Samsung tablet because there was no other method to load APK files besides the Playstore, back then.

With today's technology, that's all changed.

You can configure Android phones to accept APK files from other sources and that opens up endless possibilities.

I wouldn't suggest attempting it until you learn the safe approach to avoid nasty code but loading old apps is just 1 of the benefits and avoiding the Playstore. :cool:

And, Microsoft does not own my Windows PCs either, I do. I pick over the offerings for updates and reject most of them. My phones and PCs are locked down and only get the updates that I allow. :cool:

it is now update ! version is now 2.3.6.0 , have not verify if its working for the moment

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is possible to boot the Chromebooks into "developer mode" and gain the ability to load .apk files from other non Google approved sources. Of course, the process is littered with warnings about potential damage, unstable s/w, floods, shark tornadoes etc etc.

I performed the process on my old original Chromebook and all went well. No shark tornadoes anyway. Someday I might do the same to my main battle Chromebook.

Awaiting AlfaOBD to update on the evil Play store.

Google has got to be the worst when it comes to the exploitation of your private data.

They have had numerous civil suits where they have been fined big $.

Of course, they will do everything in their power to convince the masses that if you use outside sources for APK files you will get a virus and burn in hell. Microsoft did the same for years.

They make so much money on data mining but their warnings are ridiculous.

I'd still exercise caution about where I choose to download anything, including APK files but I've never had any problems downloading APK files from third-party sites.

Windows is far worse than Android and I have had to clean up some nasties after visiting nefarious sites for nasty software. I don't visit those types of sites anymore. :cool:

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Just test it and version 2.3.6.0 is now workin fine !! Thanks too all of you for your help !
Yep! My EX obd interface talks to the truck just fine as well. My BT interface does not but that is probably related to the Chromebook not playing well with low energy BT devices, which is why I bought the EX in the first place.

OP
OP
martinoram

martinoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just program the renote starter with alfa obd and its working good ! Do someone know if we can had the start feature on the ram app of my cellphone to be able to start with my phone ?!?!

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just program the renote starter with alfa obd and its working good ! Do someone know if we can had the start feature on the ram app of my cellphone to be able to start with my phone ?!?!

Congrats on activating the remote start feature. :cool:

The remote start using the phone app will only work if you subscribe to the Sirius Guardian service.

OP
OP
martinoram

martinoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i know it probably have been ask for millions time but... is there a spreadsheet or something of alfaobd setting ?!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank