Alfaobd issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccarmody4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
while looking through alfaobd I saw some settings that looked interesting, and ended up changing vehicle is an srt to yes, changed to speed limiter to 255 mph, allowed sport mode/ performance shifting. well immediately after doing so my speedometer reads 10 mph when I'm doing about 30 and above 1800 rpm it kicks it into limp mode with the codes p215c (output shaft speed- wheel speed correlation error present), p1db6 (vehicle speed signal performance error present), and u0147 (lost communication with telematics)
I already know I am an idiot for not doing some research before just changing things, but even after returning everything to the original settings the problem is still there. not sure what to do at this point.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If I remember correctly people in the past have had bad things happen by changing the vehicle type to SRT ending up in having the dealership flash the vehicle back to stock.
You didn't change the vehicle speed limiter, that encoded in the ECM and AlfaOBD can't change that. You would need to get an ECM tuned to eliminate the speed limit.

gtannos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I need help with an issue I am having. I opened the Alphaobd, select my truck, select my body computer, connect to my obd dongle, the connection is successful. I can go to car configuration - after that, I select what I want to change, select “yes” or “no”, depending on what I’m trying to accomplish, I press “start”, but nothing happens. This has started after I activated the cargo cam in my truck. Now, I’ve lost my reverse camera. I have already reinstalled the obd, but with no luck. Can anyone give me an idea of how to get my reverse camera back and fix the alphaobd so I can continue to use it? Thanks so much!

East0352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I’m having similar issues as above. I was able to successfully add the Trailer TPMS and enable, but now I always get an “Unable to verify” message, like its hooked up, but not communicating. I have tried connecting to a few different year models and it always switches it back to the 2021 Powernet module. I am 99% sure that my bypass cable is hooked up correctly. I followed the directions, anyways.