AlfaOBD not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lepanto

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
I bought the correct items as described in other threads for AlfaOBD. I am trying to disable the Auto Park feature and add Daytime running lights. AlfaOBD says changes have been made yet nothing changes on the truck. I have 2019 Classic Big Horn Ram 1500 (so really a 2018). I have been able to change the splash screen to SRT and get it to recognize my LED reverse lights. So it works to some extent but I'm puzzled as to why it won't change these other two items. Also is there anyway to disable cylinder deactivation? I have read that it doesn't help with gas milage and will eventually fail and ruin your engine. Thanks for the replys!

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
You cannot change the Auto Park feature.
Not sure what you mean by "add" Daytime running lights.
Your truck should be DRL equipped and you can turn them on or off on the radio screen. Alfa should work for you to change what lights are used for your DRLs

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
add Daytime running lights.
Check the "Known Working List" on the first post of the AlfaOBD thread for the DRL settings:
Factory DRL function while in gear and the parking brake cannot be set.
On your Bighorn if you set the DRLs to the High or Low beams do not enable the DRL drop out. That feature is primarily for vehicles with Dedicated DRL lights.