Alfaobd issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HarryS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed a new instrument cluster and am trying to update the idle and total engine hours. I'm using a laptop with windows 10, an EX usb adapter, and I can't get it to change the hours. It says the procedure is complete, but it doesn't ask me to turn the key off for a moment or anything. I've tried 6 digits on the hours, 4 digits on the hours. I also reset the odometer no problem. I went ahead and reset the cluster, so it shows 0 hours, so I have an idea of how many hours to add to the original numbers in the old cluster. Any ideas?

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sometimes it takes several times for the settings to take .when I did my cluster upgrade it took like four times for the hours to take didn’t notice till the next day it had corrected .

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
+1 on give it some time to register. When I reprogrammed tire size and TPMS thresholds it showed complete but didn’t register immediately. Checked it the next day and sure enough it had taken.

OP
OP
H

HarryS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's been several days, and nothing has changed. I'll try again when it stops snowing.

ramtruckrob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am having the same issue. On all the videos I've seen Alfa tells them to turn ignition to off for 30 seconds and back to run. Mine doesn't say that and just goes right to "procedure complete" but no change. I've done it 3 times with the same result. I'm using the newest android version which seems to have updated recently. Maybe the newest update messed something up with this?

OP
OP
H

HarryS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope. I turned in an issue report to AlfaOBD, and they looked at the data and said no issue, it reported as if the change was done. They suggested I disconnect the battery for a bit and then try it again. I did, and still doesn't work.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
if the '14 is anything like my '18, the cluster engine run/idle time display is useless. mine changes all the time to number that is impossible. 1200 then 425 them 600 etc. I use the torque app and it increments correctly from what I can see