AlfaOBD Remote Start oddity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Evening. So my ‘17 was wired from latch to under the TIPM. I added the sensor to my hood latch and then connected pin 5 under TIPM to pin #11 on C1 on the BCM. Pin #6 under the TIPM went to a body ground.
Did the AlfaOBD programming and resets, resistor set to 500/500, added new overlays on fobs. Drove around and came back.
No remote start, single honk and message saying hood ajar. So playing around I tried it with the hood popped but not open and it remote starts.
Effing wonky!
Removed the switch out the latch, tried it with contact open and contact closed nothing.
Any ideas?

Jammer24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a question as I Have 2 14 1500's that I am adding remote start to. I am waiting for the latches to show up so I can continue........? is after enabling remote start and hood switch in alfa do I need to reset RFH each time?

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a question as I Have 2 14 1500's that I am adding remote start to. I am waiting for the latches to show up so I can continue........? is after enabling remote start and hood switch in alfa do I need to reset RFH each time?
i would. I still say AlfaOBD is witchcraft. I installed the OEM hood latch assembly…Theres a bunch of models that work, its just the Ram one is more expensive. For about 2-3 weeks afterward my light sensors wouldnt work right. Remote started but wouldnt kick on the AC compressor. All kinds of voodoo. Then just one day, it all starts working correctly. Lol.