AlfaOBD / Torque / MX+ Oil Pressure PIDs ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi All! I have a little side project and I'm trying to see if Alfa (or Torqapp) will display Oil PSI using Android. I've seen some say it that it does but haven't seen anything that supports that. I have Alfa, Torq and MX+ and can't find Chrysler Oil pressure readings in any of them.

Whats odd is that I know a guy with a similar 6.4 swap as mine (we both have old school Dodges) and he sent me a video of his MX+ displaying oil pressure. I have the module, same version, same add ons downloaded and I don't have the same options as him. I emailed OBDlink and they said that it does not support oil pressure. WTF.. he has it!

SO, can anybody tell me if Oil Pressure IS in Alfa or any of them and possible hold my hand and lead me down this dark Mopar hallway?

BTW, I think I did see oil pressure in alfa and it was kpa.. but I couldn't get it to really display anything on the graph

Thanks
Guys

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Torque Pro does display the oil pressure. AlfaOBD is a different animal (mine is for windows based PC) and quite powerful. I may check this out later today (if weather holds out), since I have the AlfaOBD, the OBDLink app and Torque Pro, and show the results here.

OP
OP
Dantra

Dantra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Torque Pro does display the oil pressure. AlfaOBD is a different animal (mine is for windows based PC) and quite powerful. I may check this out later today (if weather holds out), since I have the AlfaOBD, the OBDLink app and Torque Pro, and show the results here.
I have Torque Pro.. Have never been able to find Oil Pressure. Please enlighten me :)

I did get the MX+ figured out.. I didn't have a vehicle profile set up. Unlike Torque, it requires vehicle data be manually entered. It will read Oil Pressure as "MDS Oil Pressure Scaled". I don't really see it as more powerful than my little ol Elm327.. Especially if someone can guide me on how to get an oil pressure reading.

As for Alfa.. I've used it to change a few things on my Ram and that's about it.

I have a 69 Dart that I just put a 6.4 Hemi in and I just want to have something to verify my gauge readings.. If I can get Torque to show Oil Pressure, I'm golden! I'll send this $150 MX+ thing back lol

Thanks

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, to clarify (if I remember correctly), I had the Torque Pro show oil pressure on a different vehicle using a standard cheapo Elm327 dongle, but can not get it to show on the Ram with the MX+, neither will the OBDLink software.

Just tried both this AM and no joy.

OP
OP
Dantra

Dantra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, to clarify (if I remember correctly), I had the Torque Pro show oil pressure on a different vehicle using a standard cheapo Elm327 dongle, but can not get it to show on the Ram with the MX+, neither will the OBDLink software.

Just tried both this AM and no joy.
With the mx+, download enhanced add ons for your vehicle, make sure you have the correct vehicle details in the vehicle profile, add gaude, search mds.. Mds oil pressure should be in the list. This is all through obdlink app

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517