Alfaobd, WCM variant, 2011 Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

72Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I recently purchased a 2011 Ram 1500 and it only came with one key fob. It only works in the ignition but the power door lock buttons are non-functioning. I purchased a couple of new fobs online, as well as AlfaOBD, and an OBDLink MX. I have watched several videos to get acquainted with the software before doing anything drastic but decided to go ahead and program the fobs this afternoon. The problem that I am experiencing, however, is that once the vehicle and the Security Gateway Module is selected, the list of control units include two options for the Wireless Control Module which could theoretically apply to my truck; Non-PowerNet Var.1 and Non-PowerNet Var.2 as shown in the picture below. How do I know which one applies to my truck so that I don't majorly screw something up?

https://www.ramforum.com/media/screenshot_20200527-175118.29296/

OP
OP
72Mopar

72Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I misspoke when saying "Security Gateway Module". I should have said "Radio Frequency Hub".

waynestractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was under the impression it could not be done without 2 functioning fobs. I have 2 but only one works, and it was not working well so decided, after much research, to just go to the dealer and buy a factory unit. It was $300 with taxes and programming, well worth it to have a new factory fob.

OP
OP
72Mopar

72Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was under the impression it could not be done without 2 functioning fobs. I have 2 but only one works, and it was not working well so decided, after much research, to just go to the dealer and buy a factory unit. It was $300 with taxes and programming, well worth it to have a new factory fob.

Nope, not necessary. I went ahead and programmed both aftermarket fobs with no issues whatsoever so now I have 3. And happily, the remote entry buttons work on the two new fobs, unlike the old one! :)

Rudy Knowles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the same truck (2011) with the same problem Ive been able to program key fobs they start the vehicle but does not work with the keyless entry....maybe I have the wrong key fob....which key fobs worked for you? Please send me info GREAT THANKS!

OP
OP
72Mopar

72Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

tharroun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 6 cyl
Nope, not necessary. I went ahead and programmed both aftermarket fobs with no issues whatsoever so now I have 3. And happily, the remote entry buttons work on the two new fobs, unlike the old one! :)
Can you tell me the procedure you followed to program the new key fobs? Which WCM did you end up selecting, Var. 1 or Var. 2?

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963