AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Also just to touch on it again the CSM settings and some other settings will only show up if you are connected to the truck's BCM.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That could be part of my problem as I am looking not hooked up.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That could be part of my problem as I am looking not hooked up.
That's most likely your problem. I had the same thing happen to me when I first got the tool. Its confusing because it shows almost everything but some settings are left out. We are thinking that the program shows the basic options for all the trucks but you need to plug in to see everything that is specific to your trucks BCM. They should be about 3/4's of the way down the list in your configuration menu.

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
That's most likely your problem. I had the same thing happen to me when I first got the tool. Its confusing because it shows almost everything but some settings are left out. We are thinking that the program shows the basic options for all the trucks but you need to plug in to see everything that is specific to your trucks BCM. They should be about 3/4's of the way down the list in your configuration menu.

Yes that was my problem. Now to just figure out the rest of it.

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
You just have to enable the Aux Switches CSM and it'll show up. I only had 4 show up initially, but then I did THIS and switch 5 showed up. There have been mixed results on some trucks in getting all 5 switches.

I have enabled in Aux Switches CSM. Where are they showing up on yours? In the radio or the EVIC?

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lawsuit...you need to set "TRAILER HITCH CAMERA". I had the same issue. See the following posts all in this thread:

#205 page 21
#242 page 25
#252 page 26
#392 and #397 page 40

Note there is another setting called setting that is called "TRAILER TOW PRESENT" which is NOT the setting I mentioned above. Hope this helps..........

Yes. I actually just got done reading every single post in this thread. Took me over 12 of my weekend hours to do so. I found the Trailer hitch camera option enabled it and it works. Lol while going through every single last post. I took screen shots so I don’t have to do that again for important information lmao.

2018 Black Pearl Ram 1500

LED Tail Lights, Black Quad Halogens with LED conversion, LED Black 3rd Break Light, Blacked Out Emblems, Rims & Grill, 8.4 UAQ conversion!

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Mine are in the radio

Justin.....did your 2500 come with Aux switches stock from the factory? I have a 2017 2500 that has the Aux switches and my aux CSM is in the EVIC. I would like it to be in the radio. What setting did you set to get them in the radio?

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I got the AlphaOBD and the MX tool this weekend and got it hooked up. I was able to get my Single Zone ATC working, change my Splash screen from Power Wagon to Ram 1500, and got my license plate lights changed to LED with no codes(previously had codes with same bulbs).

Then the one thing that was working, the Auto Dim Mirror, tried to add it, because I didn’t have the buttons on my radio, is now not working. I followed the directions in the shared drive and now I have the icon on my radio, but it won’t open and it does not turn on. When I push the icon, it highlights and stays highlighted, but it does not open. It’s been about 2 hours and still nothing.

I currently only have the rear view mirror. At first, I only activated the Interior EC Mirror Present, that did not work so I activate everything listed under Mirrors Interior Rear View and Exterior: (signal, puddle, dim) and it the same thing.

Any suggestions?? Thanks

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Then the one thing that was working, the Auto Dim Mirror, tried to add it, because I didn’t have the buttons on my radio, is now not working. I followed the directions in the shared drive and now I have the icon on my radio, but it won’t open and it does not turn on. When I push the icon, it highlights and stays highlighted, but it does not open. It’s been about 2 hours and still nothing.

I currently only have the rear view mirror. At first, I only activated the Interior EC Mirror Present, that did not work so I activate everything listed under Mirrors Interior Rear View and Exterior: (signal, puddle, dim) and it the same thing.

Any suggestions?? Thanks
The icon only highlights, it does not actually "open". When it is highlighted, the mirror will dim and when it is not highlighted, the mirror will not dim.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The icon only highlights, it does not actually "open". When it is highlighted, the mirror will dim and when it is not highlighted, the mirror will not dim.

Ok so the icon is working properly. Hopefully the Auto Dim will begin to work again. I was able to activate it with a flashlight in the past and now it won’t turn on. Maybe it just needs more time.

justinkyleo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Justin.....did your 2500 come with Aux switches stock from the factory? I have a 2017 2500 that has the Aux switches and my aux CSM is in the EVIC. I would like it to be in the radio. What setting did you set to get them in the radio?
Sorry, I edited my comment. I was watching the video above and thinking how I would like mine in the radio as well. Had a brain fart. Mine are definitely in evic.

rreavis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ok didn’t know if I should buy a cheap tablet or just try my surface pro. I guess I will go window route. If it doesn’t work well i have wasted way more the 49.00 before. Thanks for your help.

I use my Surface Pro. Took a little bit to figure it out since there are little to no screen shots out there, but once I figured out where everything is, I do like the larger screen.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I think I figured it out. :)

Last edited:

prohunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't know what happened or what I did, I just drove the truck for the first time since making the changes and now my radio and cluster won't turn off. I am don't sure what to do, does anyone have any suggestion?
Did you keep a copy of all the changes you made? If you did I would start setting everything back and start from the beginning

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know what happened or what I did, I just drove the truck for the first time since making the changes and now my radio and cluster won't turn off. I am don't sure what to do, does anyone have any suggestion?
Did you by chance make some notes of the changes you made? If not, I would start comparing your first connection BCM config to your current. Someone mentioned a few pages back using Note ++ and the comparison plugin. It will highlight the differences for you making it much easier.

Gossettrc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You folks have done some great things here this is awesome!
I own a 2016 Longhorn.It already has many options set. I have 3 items wanting to address. 1 Would I be able to program air shocks to automatically lower at engine off (enter and exit mode)? 2 Could I have my power fold mirrors automatically fold in when engine stops?
3.Can I reverse guide lines on backup camera for trailer manuveres.
What are your thoughts? Can any of these be done using this tool?
Thank you

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry, I edited my comment. I was watching the video above and thinking how I would like mine in the radio as well. Had a brain fart. Mine are definitely in evic.
Due to the fact that the RA1 3" radio was a non touch screen radio many of the settings on the trucks originally equipped with that radio show up on the EVIC and not the radio. The trucks that came with the RA2,3,and 4 radios are programmed to show more settings on the radio. If your truck came with the RA1 radio that is most likely why the settings are showing up on the EVIC and not the radio. In the past people have been able to have the dealer flash the RA2 or higher radio codes in there trucks and get the settings to come up on the radio. I haven't seen the setting with the alpha tool to change the radio type but I am sure it's in there somewhere. Might be something worth looking into if you want them in the screen.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You folks have done some great things here this is awesome!
I own a 2016 Longhorn.It already has many options set. I have 3 items wanting to address. 1 Would I be able to program air shocks to automatically lower at engine off (enter and exit mode)? 2 Could I have my power fold mirrors automatically fold in when engine stops?
3.Can I reverse guide lines on backup camera for trailer manuveres.
What are your thoughts? Can any of these be done using this tool?
Thank you
1. I'm not exactly sure how the air suspension components work on other Rams but if it is on another Ram truck and you have all the components installed then yes it should be possible.

2. I'm pretty sure it has been tested to the lengthy enough to determine this is not possible in Ram power fold mirrors without an aftermarket module.

3. Sort of the same response as #1. I don't think I have ever seen this on another Ram.