AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

diboblo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's a screen shot where a member suggested connecting to a different year PowerNet and when the other member did, the option he was looking for, came up for him.

9cf31bf9ed254b0d07f9f0ac182f3378.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RipTheDuke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hey guys. Over here in Austin, TX. 2013 ram 2500. Laramie package.

Everything has been running great with the changes. Did have a code pop up.

Tried to include a picture but the app says it is spam like. Code is U0100.

Lost connection with ECM/PCM. The error is intermittent. Last test is positively completed. Failure warning lamp ‘ON’: Not requested.

Problem is that it causes my auto start to turn off. I tried to clear the code (engine off with the ignition in the RUN position).

Says that it cleared the code but the check engine light does not turn off.

Any ideas? Anyone seen this code before? Hell, overall thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hey guys. Over here in Austin, TX. 2013 ram 2500. Laramie package.

Everything has been running great with the changes. Did have a code pop up.

Tried to include a picture but the app says it is spam like. Code is U0100.

Lost connection with ECM/PCM. The error is intermittent. Last test is positively completed. Failure warning lamp ‘ON’: Not requested.

Problem is that it causes my auto start to turn off. I tried to clear the code (engine off with the ignition in the RUN position).

Says that it cleared the code but the check engine light does not turn off.

Any ideas? Anyone seen this code before? Hell, overall thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you start the truck and the check engine light is still on?

Connect to the ecu in alphaobd and see if there is a code and clear if there is.

Check the connectors on the ecu/pcm make sure that they are properly seated still.

2018 2500 6.4L

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Oooh, Communication lost with ECM/PCM....

If unable to check in, one or more modules can set the U0100 code to indicate that at some point in time it lost the ability to talk to the ECM/PCM ...

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
We had the same problem with a 14 we just did. We have done a few of these with no issues but they were all standard mirrors. They were aftermarket tow mirrors so not sure if that had anything to do with it but we couldn't get them to work. I have seen this happen with other tow mirrors as well. We are going to try a standard mirror next time I see him to see if the puddle lights work on them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Some of the aftermarket mirrors on Amazon and the like have the wires for the puddle lights reversed. I de-pinned and switched them around and the puddle lights worked. The mirrors were poorly made at the folding joint and shook like heck so I returned them. Bought a set of Trail Ridge's and everything works fine.

blakedelfs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Still no luck with puddle lights. Am i missing something.
e80b48648c37b11d9098ecb556311365.jpg

Last edited:

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question. Does anyone know where to find your actual engine hours and idle hours except on the EVIC. Cause obviously the truck has to count it somewhere in the Computer system of the truck Via Alfa. I’ve looked but haven’t came across it yet

—2018 Ram 1500—

Alexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Question. Does anyone know where to find your actual engine hours and idle hours except on the EVIC. Cause obviously the truck has to count it somewhere in the Computer system of the truck Via Alfa. I’ve looked but haven’t came across it yet

—2018 Ram 1500—
Same here looked nd looked but nothing

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Killerg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Himi 5.7
OBDLink MX Bluetooth or MX+ Bluetooth

Hello all, I am new to the forum but have been following the AlfaOBD Discussion. Has anybody used the OBDLink MX+ with the Alfa app? Not sure if I should go with the MX+ or just the MX. It seems like there may be some problems with the MX+

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
OBDLink MX Bluetooth or MX+ Bluetooth

Hello all, I am new to the forum but have been following the AlfaOBD Discussion. Has anybody used the OBDLink MX+ with the Alfa app? Not sure if I should go with the MX+ or just the MX. It seems like there may be some problems with the MX+

I've have zero issues using the mx+. Mx+ supports iOS along with Android platforms that's the only difference between the + and mx

2018 2500 6.4L

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I warrantied an MX and they replaced it with the MX+. Not sure why unless its being phased out.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I warrantied an MX and they replaced it with the MX+. Not sure why unless its being phased out.

That would make sense cause why would you carry a android “only” mx and also have one that does Android and iOS.

—2018 Ram 1500—

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Well, I'm here. I finally broke down and bought the App. This forum has really been getting into my wallet lately...

One question before I begin. Is the only thing I must do to make a backup is follow the instructions (from @Mpgrimm2) in Post #1 to upload everything to my Google Drive?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I'm here. I finally broke down and bought the App. This forum has really been getting into my wallet lately...

One question before I begin. Is the only thing I must do to make a backup is follow the instructions (from @Mpgrimm2) in Post #1 to upload everything to my Google Drive?
Yip just go to the first page of the thread and follow the instructions. You can also find the list of known codes with instructions. You can actually simulate using the tool without being connected to your truck. I always tell people to familiarize themselves with the tool before they actually connect to the vehicle to make changes. It's a good idea to never change any code if you aren't sure what it is. You can always post any questions you may have before you change anything if your not quite sure. The tool is easy to use once you get the hang of it and works well.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yip just go to the first page of the thread and follow the instructions. You can also find the list of known codes with instructions. You can actually simulate using the tool without being connected to your truck. I always tell people to familiarize themselves with the tool before they actually connect to the vehicle to make changes. It's a good idea to never change any code if you aren't sure what it is. You can always post any questions you may have before you change anything if your not quite sure. The tool is easy to use once you get the hang of it and works well.

Thanks for the tip (especially offline mode)!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

You won't be sorry you have Alfa, it really makes upgrading and changing settings on your truck so easy. Plus it has a decent amount of bidirectional controls for diagnosing DTCs that are only found on higher end scantools...

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You won't be sorry you have Alfa, it really makes upgrading and changing settings on your truck so easy. Plus it has a decent amount of bidirectional controls for diagnosing DTCs that are only found on higher end scantools...
I agree...I would even go so far as to say it's undervalued.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Thanks for the tip (especially offline mode)!

One thing I'll add is to make sure you close out of the app after being offline messing around and only explore offline. I have a feeling that some of the people who have had some serious issues with alphaobd they explore while connected to the truck or possibly offline then connect to the truck and it may make whatever changes they were messing with offline, that one is just a theory of mine

2018 2500 6.4L