AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sticks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The engine light never used to come up. The camera has been installed before I brought the truck. The light only came on after I put the obd in.
I have returned all settings back to the same as the uploaded log, but still the engine light comes on.
Any help would be great
Might be that you actually have a engine code. Log into/connect to the PCM or ECM and read the codes.

nick00less

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
Question. When installing aftermarket mirrors on a 2020 ram 2500, the LED running light on the mirrors has a faint flicker. Is there anything in Alfa I can adjust to fix this? Is this the result of PWM?

T_bone22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eco diesel
I have installed a set of Morimoto headlights housing. I love them they look great. I have a problem now though that when when I use my turn signals they hyper flash and I get an error message both left and right are out. I used Alfa and changed everything to LED low beams hi beams front turn lamps reset the faults and they work correctly for about 20-30 seconds then they trip and go hyper with the error message. Is there anther way to disable the error message for the turn signals and stop them from Hyper Flashing? Or what am I doing wrong that they keep tripping the error message ?

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have installed a set of Morimoto headlights housing. I love them they look great. I have a problem now though that when when I use my turn signals they hyper flash and I get an error message both left and right are out. I used Alfa and changed everything to LED low beams hi beams front turn lamps reset the faults and they work correctly for about 20-30 seconds then they trip and go hyper with the error message. Is there anther way to disable the error message for the turn signals and stop them from Hyper Flashing? Or what am I doing wrong that they keep tripping the error message ?

Load resistors. I bought a set of alpharex lights which most don’t have issues with but of course I was lucky and was getting park light out errors on both sides when my turn signal switch backs were activated. Through trial and error I was able to install a single led light rail in series on the park lamp circuit which was enough load to trick the computer into thinking it still had a halogen load and stop throwing errors. I’m not using this as a permanent fix, I have load resistors on the way that will do the same thing but with a much cleaner fix. But technically you could do pig tails with hideaway bulbs if you really wanted to lol.

I used alphaobd and I tried every setting even some of the more obscure settings in hidden menus that some claim to be the fix for the issue when simply enabling led function doesn’t do the trick. Non of it worked for me. No matter what it still needed a good old fashion hands on mechanical/electrical fix and not just a couple pushes of the buttons on a phone. Hope that helps 447f639e2470dd92175463e62a75c3ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T_bone22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
eco diesel
update I was able to get the passenger one to not trip, I found a video where you can disable to door ajar switch and it will not trip the turn signal out sensor. I tried doing the same thing for the driver side with no luck. any ideas?

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
update I was able to get the passenger one to not trip, I found a video where you can disable to door ajar switch and it will not trip the turn signal out sensor. I tried doing the same thing for the driver side with no luck. any ideas?
I tried the door ajar settings in alfaobd and unfortunately none of the settings worked for me. The only solution for me was In my post above.

Gizmoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 32 gallon tank. I’ve searched and can’t find the answer. I changed the empty to 5% and the capacity to 121 liters. But the full setting won’t take the 98%. Every time I go back it still says 91%. Something I’m missing?

Rebob0510

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I purchased Windows version alfaobd.

Any you folks have trouble with windows version of alfaobd software.

I'm using kaobtech SBC. MX, ob2 link module.

Bluetooth, connect identify vehicle, click "body control", 2019 year. It says connected. Nothing happens does not reveal where you click the car and go to the area to connect/start setting change.

I may pay for Android just because it completes the above issue in demo mode.

Do you have a security module Bypass cable? If not it wont connect on a 2019... I had to buy one for mine

*** Edit, I just noticed you have the Kaodtech cable, I have the andriod version and it works perfect everytime

caltx01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar
I have an Alfaobd setup (Amazon Fire tablet w/ Alfaobd software) and an MX Bluetooth OBDLink that I have used several times - EVIC upgrade, trailer brake controller install, power mirror upgrade. I live in Tyler, Texas. If anyone within driving distance needs to borrow the unit in order to upgrade your truck you are welcome to use it.

Best to all! Cal in TX

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here’s a link where he explains why it won’t work with just a BCM settings and hardware change- https://www.ramforum.com/threads/sales-codes-to-be-flashed-added.61476/page-2#post-1461545

That was a few years ago it appears. I wasn’t sure if advancements have been made since then to basically deactivate the column shift -/+ button and replace it with the steering -/+ buttons so as to avoid the confusion of input data being entered from multiple locations and confusing the truck. Rather it’s capable to pull off in Alfa with a simple
Press of a button or requires a more advanced fix... I’d love to know what I need to do to pull it off. Thanks for the link though... I’ll try and get in touch with some of the commenters from that post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SR71RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm sure it's unrelated but it seems like after I did this my 7" cluster flashes on and off almost non stop.

At first I thought it was because I was entering or exiting the vehicle. My neighbor just told me that it has been happening all night and I've had to jump the battery twice in the last two weeks.

Any suggestions?

You were correct. It was buried in BCM-> Vehicle Configuration Change - > CBC config I/O usage door ajar switch signal rear left (and right) usage (lamp diagnostic)

View attachment 217818

View attachment 217819

RoverUKSF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel 3.0
What is the option to turn on/off horn alert if you locking car with door open please?

Skram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, i got 2020 Laramie(classic) here in Australia with factory projector headlight. I am trying to turn on the DRL(amber) I did change all the 5 setting as mention in the previous posts. Its not working also there is no option coming in screen 8.4” to turn on the DRL. Is there anything i can try or the option is not available in Australian version. I did change other options windows down/ fog light stay with high beam/ horn beep on remote start/ hid in low beam. All work fine. Thanks for advice. Cheers

Last edited:

mikewelch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Does anyone know how to turn on the DRL on a tradesman while it’s in the auto position? I can’t find anything on it.