AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigFrog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sure, after you do it manually? What does this feature actually do?

22RamClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all - need help with DRLs. I have a 22 Classic with the factory projectors. I have my settings set as outlined in post #7079 to no avail. I have even tried Canadian mode as well as setting for turn signal as location but with no luck. I have been checking to see if it is working with the truck running, in drive. I do have the security bypass module installed. For whatever reason when I select MY2022 in AlfaOBD it comes up for the 13-17 option by default when I hit connect. Is that normal?

One other weird thing I noticed - these two settings do not appear in AlfaOBD:
CBC I/O right dedicated DRL lamp output present> yes
CBC I/O left dedicated DRL lamp output present > yes

Is it possible these were for an older version? Or only applicable for older model year(s)? My CBC settings for DRL reference auto-level and other such things that I do not see mentioned elsewhere. Any help is appreciated!

XBrav

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For whatever reason when I select MY2022 in AlfaOBD it comes up for the 13-17 option by default when I hit connect. Is that normal?

It's fairly normal, as it negotiates a protocol and identifier. My '09 1500 detects as a "SOHS" engine (likely an app typo) for the ECU, even when selecting the hemi option.

I'm unsure if the app limits visibility to functions based on the selected ECU. If I try and activate a function my vehicle isn't equipped with, it simply lets me know when I try to run the test.

Adambcw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just did the drl on my 16 2500 with projector lights. Is there a way to get the drl’s to come on with the switch in auto and stay on when the headlights turn on ? Mine only run when the light switch is in the off position .

Thanks !

Hawk11nw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Followed the programming FOBIK walkthrough using Alpha OBD, seemed to be successful, Locks, Unlocks, remote start works, but the second I put the key in the ignition the engine turns off, I can turn the key and restart it with no issues. Tried to search but no luck, any possible ideas? Thank you,

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all - need help with DRLs. I have a 22 Classic with the factory projectors. I have my settings set as outlined in post #7079 to no avail. I have even tried Canadian mode as well as setting for turn signal as location but with no luck. I have been checking to see if it is working with the truck running, in drive. I do have the security bypass module installed. For whatever reason when I select MY2022 in AlfaOBD it comes up for the 13-17 option by default when I hit connect. Is that normal?
I would say that’s normal because even though your truck was built in 2022, it’s still using 2013-2017(2018) parts because it’s still a 4th-Gen truck so what I would do unless somebody corrects me is every time you use alpha OBD, make sure that whenever you connect it to your truck, tell it you have a 2018 Ram 1500 DS/DX.

Is it possible these were for an older version? Or only applicable for older model year(s)? My CBC settings for DRL reference auto-level and other such things that I do not see mentioned elsewhere. Any help is appreciated!
For the rest of the tutorial, I’ll refer you to a YouTube video"]made by one of our members here, @big daddys house.[/URL]

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

the CBC I/O options are for setting the Input / OUTPUT on the BCM and that feature would be for dedicated DRLs like on Chargers - A light that is ONLY for DRL and NOT wired in on USDM trucks as far as I know in Canada the HIGH LINE projector headlights use the dedicated DRL for lighting the LED turn lights but the base "quad" lighting they use the high beams dimmed down
on my 2014 I programmed to the turn lights NOT the headlights and I have the basic "quad" headlights and DO NOT have the dedicated DRL wired to anything

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
The CAN bus is reset for the pedal and ABS.. you do not want to activate this feature while air is in the system.

You will understand once you attempt to re-gain original pedal feel after performing a brake service.
Why would you actuate the system with air in it? It gets actuated AFTER conventional bleeding is performed.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Why would you actuate the system with air in it? It gets actuated AFTER conventional bleeding is performed.
C6ECBCB8-902C-40B9-B960-A1FD6A1E120D.jpeg

I’m going to add a (how) also.

How could be that you’d think the actuation of the program bleeds the brakes automatically.

Why could be because you don’t know how the program works possible because lack of education about the software’s execution.

For some education is a result of trial and error.

I’m not sure there is a warning that accompanies Alfa OBD software before any buttons are clicked or pushed.

Last edited:

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
View attachment 498584

I’m going to add a (how) also.

How could be that you’d think the actuation of the program bleeds the brakes automatically.

Why could be because you don’t know how the program works possible because lack of education about the software’s execution.

For some education is a result of trial and error.

I’m not sure there is a warning that accompanies Alfa OBD software before any buttons are clicked or pushed.

Are you asking a question? I didn't say it bleeds the system automatically. That's not what it's for. If you have a system full of air it gets bleed conventionally. The actuation using Alpha is done last and then one last conventional bleeding again to ensure there is no trapped air stuck in the system anywhere.

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Are you asking a question? I didn't say it bleeds the system automatically. That's not what it's for. If you have a system full of air it gets bleed conventionally. The actuation using Alpha is done last and then one last conventional bleeding again to ensure there is no trapped air stuck in the system anywhere.
My other guess was that you were making an arbitrary statement.
I understand and apologize because you thought I was questioning your statement by quoting you and not answering BigFrog

Last edited:

ahole4sure

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Sorry if this is a re-post ... I replaced the HCU today for my 2018 Ram 2500 (with the antilock service error).
I used AlfaOBD to do the Brake Bleed procedure. I thought it was odd that it only had me bleed the Right Front then the Right Rear! No mention in the procedure of bleeding the Left .... ???? Has anyone else seen this or might I be doing something wrong? The brakes feel pretty good but would love to get the most out of my AlfaOBD system

Terry2014RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So $49 for the app and then a obd2 adapter and I can have DRL?

Does this work for laramie led turn signals or just the quad lights?
Yes it does work on my 2014 Laramie, I think there is like 4 different settings to turn on. I followed the working items list on this forum.

Irongoats

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pardon my ignorance but thinking about this next after I changed my rims/tires to 35". Do you have to leave the OBD connector attached in truck after mods? Reason I asked is because I already have the T-mobile and Remote start plugged into a 2 way adapter. Thanks.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Pardon my ignorance but thinking about this next after I changed my rims/tires to 35". Do you have to leave the OBD connector attached in truck after mods? Reason I asked is because I already have the T-mobile and Remote start plugged into a 2 way adapter. Thanks.
Nope, only when doing the programing.

Johnny_B-Good

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a question about Alfa, OBD MX+, and key fobs. I am at my limit for programming key fobs. However, I only have one partially functioning fob (it's the one I got with the truck, and it is wore out), and one fully functional fob (that I programmed using simple key a while back). I'd LIKE to remove any and all fobs that I do not have. Thus I can program one additional one (always good to have one backup, just in case). Do I have to remove ALL fobs and start over? Can I simply remove the ones I do not have and go forward from there? Any help is appreciated, trust me.

DrTron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
All,

does anyone have a good source for a Security Module Bypass Cable? Preferably one with ODB-II male/female connectors plus the ones that go into the CAN Bus blocks.

The Kaodtech one seems out of stock, and they have not replied to my question if they have one left...

Thanks!

RamYourDaughter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic
Engine
5.7 hemi
All,

does anyone have a good source for a Security Module Bypass Cable? Preferably one with ODB-II male/female connectors plus the ones that go into the CAN Bus blocks.

The Kaodtech one seems out of stock, and they have not replied to my question if they have one left...

Thanks!
I am looking for one as well. It seems the maker of these has been inactive on the forums since 2021. I understand there is the 12+8 cable but not having to remove the cluster would be fantastic.
I am needing a cable for a 2020 ram 1500 classic and a cable for a 2018 ram 3500. Kaodtech website lists these as two different cables. I am willing to pay for anyone who can send me these this week to texas. The 3500 cable is the most needed currently as I have an abs hcu to replace. Thanks for the help!