Alignment/balance, vibration and pulling after town fair tire did their magic.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cordwood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lonestar Hemi 5.7, 4x4, 8speed, 3.21, LSD, 32gal fuel tank, CC short bed
2017 Ram cc 5.7L 40k miles

ok...shrug, bare with me here.

one year ago I had 4 new toyo AT2 tires installed at town fair tire. Everything was great.

A few months ago I had a leaking shock in the front.
I installed 2 front bilstein 5100s myself using the stock springs, stock height.
Everything ran great, straight, perfect.

After 1 week I decided I should get an alignment "just in case" because all info and recommendations said you should do this any time shocks are done...At this time the truck is riding perfect.

Drop off at town fair tire.

The call and say the "lug nuts are swollen" we don't want to remove the tires, only can do the alignment, ok do it.

I show up, the truck now heavily pulls right on street driving and the truck vibrates over 60mph on the highway. It does not seem to pull when on the highway though.

Return it, re do the alignment, same problem...remember the tires still have not been balanced or rotated.

Get refund, make appointment and drop off at dealer, "can we keep the truck overnight, our alignment machine is broken...sure"

next day,

"we were able to align, rotate and balance the tires...but we couldn't do a high speed balance because that machine is broken" (but i thought it was the alignment machine that was broken? not sure now)

Truck is a little better but not correct, pulls right on the road, highway seems to vibrate at 60 and 80 but not really in between. Two companies are now telling me the machines say it is aligned.

After 3 drop offs I leave it be, upset, truck is ok but not as smooth as it was.

My friend ex-mechanic said, yeah, townfair teenagers probably jacked it up wrong, dropped it, or tweaked something, you will never find it to ride perfect again...maybe who knows.

...then, I notice this:

https://imgur.com/a/yqEc2N4

The left tail pipe is crooked now! I have photos from a year ago it was surely not crooked like this.

Nothing is scratched or indicates any other damage, could this have been an indicator the truck being jacked wrong by town fair like my friends theory? Or could this be why the dealer stalled me?

Or could this be some kind of heat warping? I have dipped the rear end in the boat launch after driving... townfair had it parked backed in where you would never see it when i picked it up.

dont know what to think. Do these tail pipes warp on their own?

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Those exhaust don't warp....they don't get hot enough to do that. Someone F'd something up

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
They screwed up your truck.
I'd get under it and check for more damage, especially the front end & exhaust system.

Should have let sleeping dogs lie.
Don't fix what ain't broken.

Old sayings are often true.