All windows not working on 2006 1500 hemi FIX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cplonner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello, new to this forum, just thought I would share this......

All my windows suddenly stopped working in my 2006 ram 1500 5.7

All fuses were good. Locks and mirror controls worked as well.

Other options were either the switch was broken or the TIPM was bad.

Upon disconnecting the master window switch panel on the driver side door I had noticed that one of the pins to the electrical connector was black (burnt).
I cleaned the pin with a piece of sandpaper to remove the carbon and replaced the switch.

BAM! it worked. Thank god because a new switch is about 85 bucks and a new TIPM is several hundred from what I have heard.

What caused it to burn? I dont know.

I thought I would just share this since it was quick and free and could be easily overlooked. Hope this helps someone down the line.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Good info. It probably burned some dust or dirt that had accumulated and carboned up the pin.

Deviate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 4x2
Engine
Something else that I found on mine is that individual windows might stop working. You may have to take the switch apart and clean the actual connectors on the switches themselves where they are on the circuit board. Definitely tedious work, but it made my windows work again. I think I might have created a thread somewhere about it.