Alpha OBD EGT Regen trans gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

band nerd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Can’t seem to find it . Is it possible to set up phone with Alpha OBD to show trans gear, EGT, regen and other “gauges?" If possible, would like to avoid getting another app, but will do it if necessary. I have 2014 Cummins SLT with the 3” EVIC. Also any suggestions , after market mounts to keep my old Android for Alpha on this small ”Ram” cubby on the dash . Previous owner had a Garmin next to it.
Alpha has already paid for itself . Activated turn signals , flip and puddle lights for add on tow mirrors as well
as reset TPMS . Would like to use the old Android I got free from a relative for Alpha OBD as extra gauges, any problems leaving OBD plugged in? No, don’t want to switch to 7” at this point , maybe later. I have an iPhone for regular use. I wouldn't bother with power for the Android, just charge it back up when needed

84C474E4-F737-4A4C-ADCE-0247A6462750.jpeg

Last edited:

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Torque Pro can do exactly that and what I used for a while.

torque4.jpg

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I use my cubby for my readers so I came up with taking an old CD case and cut a circle just bigger than the suction cup. Then I took 3M moulding tape and put it on the side of the cubby for the GPS. One of these day I will be doing the same on the other side. I eventually notched the bezel and hard wired the power cord.

full

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Torque Pro can do exactly that and what I used for a while.

^^^ what he stated
Torque Pro is like $5 and can run on the same android that AlfaOBD does. It is much more friendly to setting up "gauges" to what whatever parameters you want.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
You should probably think about power to the Android. An old phone will probably have a weak battery. Running the display all the time as well as the bluetooth radio will kill an old battery pretty quickly. If you don't want to run power, maybe one of those battery cases for the phone will extend the battery life.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been using the free app OBDlink with the MX+ works well for me. The percent to regen is somewhat helpful since I am new to a diesel truck. Used to having it on my tractor.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
If you have the 6 speed change the PID to equation to have it actually say Park and Rev
Look(B::0='PARK':255='REV") Should work for the 8spd too.

and max value to 6.