Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-TTriXteR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hi there I am new to this form but it looks like a really good community to get some good advice I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a 2014 Ram 1500 5.7 l V8 Hemi limited I absolutely love my truck with all amazing features that comes on this truck. But the one thing I notice comparing my truck to a little bit of the newer ones but still within the 4th generation is that they're 8.4 in Uconnect has the app feature and mines does not. I have the alpha OBD and I've been trying to enable certain features but I read a few forms on here considering the version that I'm carrying I cannot do a lot of the features that I would like. So I'm thinking of upgrading my Uconnect I found a few online and did a little bit of research and figure it out the one that I am looking for is 8.4 in Uconnect RA4. My current Uconnect has the navigation and turn-by-turn navigation that comes up on the instrument cluster and also dual climate control. I happen to find one from a salvage vehicle not sure of the year but it says it's an RA4 when I contacted the seller to ask him if it carries dual climate control he said no. I am wondering if anyone knows if there's a way I can activate it on the new Uconnect and also the heated steering wheel, heated and cooling seats.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hi there I am new to this form but it looks like a really good community to get some good advice I'm hoping someone can help me out. I have a 2014 Ram 1500 5.7 l V8 Hemi limited I absolutely love my truck with all amazing features that comes on this truck. But the one thing I notice comparing my truck to a little bit of the newer ones but still within the 4th generation is that they're 8.4 in Uconnect has the app feature and mines does not. I have the alpha OBD and I've been trying to enable certain features but I read a few forms on here considering the version that I'm carrying I cannot do a lot of the features that I would like. So I'm thinking of upgrading my Uconnect I found a few online and did a little bit of research and figure it out the one that I am looking for is 8.4 in Uconnect RA4. My current Uconnect has the navigation and turn-by-turn navigation that comes up on the instrument cluster and also dual climate control. I happen to find one from a salvage vehicle not sure of the year but it says it's an RA4 when I contacted the seller to ask him if it carries dual climate control he said no. I am wondering if anyone knows if there's a way I can activate it on the new Uconnect and also the heated steering wheel, heated and cooling seats.
You currently have an RA4 from your description. If you want the newer 8.4 inch radio you are looking for one out of a 2018+ Ram. The UAS radio is without NAV and the UAQ radio is with NAV. NAV isn't necessary on the newer radios because you can plug in your phone and use your phone's navigation on the 8.4 screen. Features like heated seats and steering wheel will carry over to the new radio.

OP
OP
G

G-TTriXteR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've read a few forms and saw a few videos as well that says for the 2013 and 14 model in order for the heated steering wheel and heated seats and cooling seats to work they need a module an upgraded harness and also to get Apple carplay and Android auto you need to add the upgraded USB port I'm not sure if that is true or not but I have read quite a few people running into these problems that when they get the new head unit they lose all those features they do carry over but they cannot be enabled without the new module.