AlphaOBD making me crazy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, I’m just about ready to pull my hair out. I recently upgraded my cluster in my 2019 Ram 1500 Classic from the 3.5” to the 7” evic. I am using an OBDlink MX+ with a Kaodtech security bypass cable and AlphaOBD. I have tried several attempts over a period of about 5 hours. After many failed attempts, the lifetime idle and drive hours finally took. Not so much on the mileage. Any ideas or suggestions? I’m going nuts!

OP
OP
Mark A Baguley
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Would any below odometer correction help to start over?

F3B08C12-1631-4E50-B26E-A09C5D000A49.jpeg

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Try programming mileage with the key in different power positions (without starting).

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Mike_White

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Diesel
Ok, I’m just about ready to pull my hair out. I recently upgraded my cluster in my 2019 Ram 1500 Classic from the 3.5” to the 7” evic. I am using an OBDlink MX+ with a Kaodtech security bypass cable and AlphaOBD. I have tried several attempts over a period of about 5 hours. After many failed attempts, the lifetime idle and drive hours finally took. Not so much on the mileage. Any ideas or suggestions? I’m going nuts!
This question a bit old... but for anyone having this issue, if the mileage fails - disconnect from CAN bus, and wait couple minutes. Then turn key to first position. Reconnect to CAN bus a attempt to correct mileage again. It may take a couple tries, but you should see the Continental image and some flickering. Worked for me on third try.

Sking80

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I’m have the same problem looking for a solution as well