Alpharex 5th Gen 2500 style Thoughts/experiences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking at maybe picking up a set of these headlights (that or try another retrofit if I can ever find a set of duals to open up). But, I'm looking for feedback from people who have this particular style of light. I'm not interested in the g2's or anything else. Just this model. What I'm looking for is beam pattern info, both high and low. I drive mostly at night and having a set of lights that performs is priority. The g2's were severely lacking in the high beam department. My retrofits were good, but wasn't crazy about thr h1 projectors I used. So. If anyone has a set of these lights and has pictures of the beam pattern against a flat wall from 20-25 ft with both high and low beam, it'd be greatly appreciated.
Screenshot_20220407-170027_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't have experience with these headlights.

But I can tell you the stock projectors with 55W HIDs were really impressive output and throw wise. The are now absolutely amazing retrofit with Mori D2S 5.0's with 6K 55W HIDs (closer to 5000K color with the AR coating and 55w).

It's literally daylight with the highbeams on.

I think your best best is another retrofit and HID's for the best performance.

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't have experience with these headlights.

But I can tell you the stock projectors with 55W HIDs were really impressive output and throw wise. The are now absolutely amazing retrofit with Mori D2S 5.0's with 6K 55W HIDs (closer to 5000K color with the AR coating and 55w).

It's literally daylight with the highbeams on.

I think your best best is another retrofit and HID's for the best performance.
I'm thinking that too, it'd be cheaper as well...

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
If you are going with the series you are going to hate them, I did and I sent them back, the light and cut off line, pattern everything was just horrible .... @the_goodguy07 has the Luxx series and those are kick@$$ ....

OP
OP
hunterdan

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So. I ended up buying a set of these in the luxx version. I'm impressed with them thus far. Extremely bright, good cutoff, and solid high beam patterns. I still need to fine tune the aiming a bit, they're a bit high I believe. PXL_20230211_224416028.jpg
PXL_20230211_224425106.jpg