Alpharex headlight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi,
I am looking to buy these headlights

https://alpharexusa.com/product/09-18-ram-truck-pro-series-5th-gen-2500-style-projector-headlights-black/?v=bb13f5edb43c

For Laramie 2020 Classic with factory projectors. Does anyone replace the headlights with these to their ram. Do i need wiring adapter for headlights to make it work. If yes than how? Mine doesn’t have bulb adapter but wiring harness does have bulb adapter. So basically can someone please explain how can i get them work.
Confused
Cheers SK

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
These are plug and play. On the website there is an option for the type of headlight you have. Since you have projectors already, you will need the adapter they sell. Select that option when purchasing

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40

OP
OP
Skram1500

Skram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
These are plug and play. On the website there is an option for the type of headlight you have. Since you have projectors already, you will need the adapter they sell. Select that option when purchasing

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L 4x4
Amsoil SS 0W-40
Thanks for advice. The adapter they sell for projector type headlight( as per picture) is different. The plugs are different from actual factory headlights. Thats why i am bit confused.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
They'll work like stated above. Just select the projector harness option when adding to cart

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The adapter they sell for projector type headlight( as per picture) is different. The plugs are different from actual factory headlights. Thats why i am bit confused.
Since your truck already has the factory projectors, as mentioned order the adapter with the new headlights.
That adapter looks like this:
Dodge-Ram-1~2.jpg
(the respective connections are noted)
You'll also wire the DRL connections to these adapters.

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
The pictures on their website are generic. The connections will work for your vehicle.

OP
OP
Skram1500

Skram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't be surprised if you get the parking light out error ....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Why is that? Stock projector light didn’t have any parking bulb. Parking bulb is in fog light here in Australia for some RAM reason.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Why is that? Stock projector light didn’t have any parking bulb. Parking bulb is in fog light here in Australia for some RAM reason.

Parking lights just is a different feed that uses the turn signal bulbs. The g2 version with switchbacks have been problematic with parking light out messages. He's had a hard on about it for a while. Anytime anyone mentions alpharex that's his comment. Just because something is "plug and Play" doesn't mean it won't come with issues. But it seems like it's only been a issue with the g2 headlights.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Parking lights just is a different feed that uses the turn signal bulbs. The g2 version with switchbacks have been problematic with parking light out messages. He's had a hard on about it for a while. Anytime anyone mentions alpharex that's his comment. Just because something is "plug and Play" doesn't mean it won't come with issues. But it seems like it's only been a issue with the g2 headlights.

Lol 1500ram12 .... yes I fawken hate them really but I still plan on getting some if I get a wild hair up my ass lol .... and it's not just an issue with the g2 headlights its with all of their models and only some trucks ... Like I have said before I get them on my truck but my buddy @the_goodguy07 had not issues with it and it was with just the alfaobd settings

OP
OP
Skram1500

Skram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Lol 1500ram12 .... yes I fawken hate them really but I still plan on getting some if I get a wild hair up my ass lol .... and it's not just an issue with the g2 headlights its with all of their models and only some trucks ... Like I have said before I get them on my truck but my buddy @the_goodguy07 had not issues with it and it was with just the alfaobd settings

Thanks for hands up. Hopefully i wouldn’t have any problem or may be aplhaobd setting. Have to wait for them to arrive. Let you in know in month time what’s the go. Cheers

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Thanks for hands up. Hopefully i wouldn’t have any problem or may be aplhaobd setting. Have to wait for them to arrive. Let you in know in month time what’s the go. Cheers

Yes hopefully you have no issues man .... but it is only fair to let others know that they "might" have issues you know ?

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I recently installed the Alpharex G2 Pro headlights. I go the parking light out error, too. I contacted Alpharex and they sent me some resistors to install (they tap into the parking light wiring). Since then, I haven't seen the error. This was free...

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
The headlights should already come with resistors on them or send them with the headlights in case you need them but they wont do that ... they wanted me to wait 8 weeks I think for them to send me resistors when I got mine and I send the headlights back to them .... yes I could of bought the resistors my self but I was also disappointed with the light output so that made the decision to send them back even more easy ...

I do plan on getting the NOVA series though

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The headlights should already come with resistors on them or send them with the headlights in case you need them but they wont do that ... they wanted me to wait 8 weeks I think for them to send me resistors when I got mine and I send the headlights back to them .... yes I could of bought the resistors my self but I was also disappointed with the light output so that made the decision to send them back even more easy ...

I do plan on getting the NOVA series though

The resistors they sent me were for the parking lights (or could be used for the turn signal- same harness wires). Only took about a week to receive them and they were easy to install.

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

It's been happening in my NOVA's any time the temps drop down below freezing. I get "FRONT PARKING LIGHT OUT" messages every 20-40 seconds non stop if i have them switched on.