HELP!! 09-18 Headlight Replacement Confusion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clarks Customs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK, let me start by saying that the OEM headlight swaps between 09 and 18 are too confusing. I hope this tread sheds some "light" on what OEM headlights will interchange between the Gen IV 1500 RAM. This conversation only applies to OEM headlights. (The application may pertain to the 2500 and 3500 series also.)

It is my understanding that there are differences between OEM headlights for Gen IV Rams;
09 to 14 OEM headlights are a direct fit between these years;
15 to 16 OEM headlights are a direct fit between these years;
17 to 18 OEM headlights are a direct fit between these years.

It is also understood that there were several different OEM lighting packages for the GEN IV RAM: HID, LED & Projector.
I think it would be a safe bet to say that there are wiring harness differences between these packages.

Now, here are the questions:
Q1: If we ignore the electronics, are all OEM headlight housings interchangeable for Gen IV 1500 models 09 to 18?
Q2: If the OEM housings are interchangeable, are "Patch" harnesses available to retrofit between years?

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All headlights are interchangeable between 09-18, but not plug and play. Quads and duals use the same connector, but if you put quads in a truck that had duals, the high beams won’t work correctly and will need to be enabled with Alfaobd. Going from quads to duals is plug and play (but a huge downgrade in output). Projectors are a different connector and adapters are available for that.

Attachments

• IMG_9515.jpeg
    IMG_9515.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 8
OP
OP
Clarks Customs

Clarks Customs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mrack; thanks for the reply and the clarification. I think this information will benefit a lot of guys on this forum, as it has for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357