Alpharex lighting upgrade questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VanCitySteve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good afternoon all, happy friday!

Just getting my list of mods straight, thanks to everyone on here for helping me find ways to spend $$$!!

I have a 2019 classic, and looking to upgrade my lighting. Here is what i have in mind.

Headlights: https://alpharexusa.com/product/09-18-ram-truck-pro-series-g2-projector-headlights-jet-black/

Tail lights: https://alpharexusa.com/product/09-18-ram-truck-pro-series-led-tail-lights-jet-black/

Tailgate light bar: https://www.opt-7.com/redline-triple-led-tailgate-light-bar-with-reverse-sequential-turn-signals/

Hoping you guys and gals can help me out with the following.

What other components do i require to get these all setup and working correctly?
What bulbs do you recommend up front for the headlights?

And lastly, does anyone have recommendations for replacing the 3rd brake light?

Thank you so much, have a great weekend!
Steve

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Stay away from Alpharex ... trust me ...

The OPT7 tailgate bar is awesome! I have it and so does @the_goodguy07 ... awesome customer service .. he got a new bar sent to him after we found only 1 burn out led on his ... you wont be disappointed with OPT7 at all ...

But seriously stay away from Alpharex

OP
OP
VanCitySteve

VanCitySteve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for the info CheechDogg, much appreciated.

Installation pretty straight forward on the OPT7? plug and play?

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine

Installation pretty straight forward on the OPT7? plug and play?

Yes very easy to install the light bar ...but use a 5 pin trailer connector

https://www.amazon.com/CURT-56584-Custom-Wiring-Harness/dp/B007EA6WQU

Then use a another harness and just cut off the connector and connect it to the white wire for the reverse light ...

https://www.amazon.com/CURT-58050-V...dp/B001EP0H7Q/ref=psdc_15737351_t2_B007EA6WQU

Don't get me wrong, the Alpharex lights are good ... @the_goodguy07 has the LUXX series and they are really nice, but for me and others they kept giving us the light error codes and no matter what I did I couldn't fix it ... the only thing I didn't try was using resistors which is something I really don't want on my truck, just personal preference ...

If you get Alpharex lights get the Luxx series, those are supposed to have the least problems when it comes to light out errors .... order them directly from Alpharex too not from anyone else and ask them to send you the resistors regardless when you order them ....they send them to you for free ..

the_goodguy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

The OPT7 tailgate bar is awesome! I have it and so does @the_goodguy07 ... awesome customer service .. he got a new bar sent to him after we found only 1 burn out led on his ... you wont be disappointed with OPT7 at all ...

But seriously stay away from Alpharex
So I should get rid of my alpha rex headlights bro ?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
+1 on Opt7.. mine lasted 7 years before I got rid of it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
VanCitySteve

VanCitySteve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes very easy to install the light bar ...but use a 5 pin trailer connector

https://www.amazon.com/CURT-56584-Custom-Wiring-Harness/dp/B007EA6WQU

Then use a another harness and just cut off the connector and connect it to the white wire for the reverse light ...

https://www.amazon.com/CURT-58050-V...dp/B001EP0H7Q/ref=psdc_15737351_t2_B007EA6WQU

Don't get me wrong, the Alpharex lights are good ... @the_goodguy07 has the LUXX series and they are really nice, but for me and others they kept giving us the light error codes and no matter what I did I couldn't fix it ... the only thing I didn't try was using resistors which is something I really don't want on my truck, just personal preference ...

If you get Alpharex lights get the Luxx series, those are supposed to have the least problems when it comes to light out errors .... order them directly from Alpharex too not from anyone else and ask them to send you the resistors regardless when you order them ....they send them to you for free ..

So if i just use the curt harness, the light bar wont work in reverse, is that correct? Sorry im brand new to the truck game. Ty!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
So if i just use the curt harness, the light bar wont work in reverse, is that correct? Sorry im brand new to the truck game. Ty!

Correct ... you will need to hook up the white cable but it's easy with the 5 pin instead of the 4 pin ... the extra pin on the 5 pin curt harness is where you will hook up the reverse cable which is the white one

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I will take a picture of what I did to ours and posted in a bit .... very easy to connect it ..

And also don't just use the double sided tape ...use the little metal clips instead that way you can remove it easily ...

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

To put his comment in context, he's one of the very few that have reported and whined about Alpharex/Modifystreet headlights on this forum. There's a easily over a hundred people on this forum that will highly recommend the headlights.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
To put his comment in context, he's one of the very few that have reported and whined about Alpharex/Modifystreet headlights on this forum. There's a easily over a hundred people on this forum that will highly recommend the headlights.

Whined? lol .... When something doesn't work for you and the customer service is bad, that is not whining, but you can go ahead and call it what you want lol .... I clearly stated that @the_goodguy07 has the Luxx series and they work great on his truck .... I have every right to complain and warn others of what to expect with a company like Alpharex ... Gottah love people like you lol

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Whined? lol .... When something doesn't work for you and the customer service is bad, that is not whining, but you can go ahead and call it what you want lol .... I clearly stated that @the_goodguy07 has the Luxx series and they work great on his truck .... I have every right to complain and warn others of what to expect with a company like Alpharex ... Gottah love people like you lol

wut? people like me who point out the other side of the coin. There's was a couple of people report great customer service from Alpharex, so is what happened to you the norm? Is it fair to tell someone to stay away or tell them you had a bad experience?
When you look at the reality of an internet forum, it's a place where people are coming to complain or look for a solution to something that broke. So when that is taken into account and not see droves of problems reported make you wonder.
Very few people will go out of their way to report a good experience.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
wut? people like me who point out the other side of the coin. There's was a couple of people report great customer service from Alpharex, so is what happened to you the norm? Is it fair to tell someone to stay away or tell them you had a bad experience?
When you look at the reality of an internet forum, it's a place where people are coming to complain or look for a solution to something that broke. So when that is taken into account and not see droves of problems reported make you wonder.
Very few people will go out of their way to report a good experience.

Yes people like you .......

You took a shot at me with the "whinning" comment which was not necessary ....

Just like I told him to stay away from Alpharex, I also told him if he decides to go with them to go with the Luxx series, or did you not catch that part?

I had months of discussions with Alpharex before I even decided to go with their lights ... long story short, they did nothing to help and their guaranteed delivery time was not honored ... on top of that they asked for me to go to their office and or find others who had the same issue so that they could find a solution ...

When it was time for me to go to their office they flaked, I had to return the headlights within 3 days according to them or I wouldn't be able to return them at all ... I asked them for the resistors to "resolve" the issues I had and they claimed they didn't have any in stock when it fact 2 people on these forums got resistors sent to them right away lol ..

I don't kiss ass to any company or anyone for that matter, you provide good customer service and products I will make sure others know about it, but if you also provide bad customer service and products I will also make sure others know about it ...

They wanted me to give them a great review on a crappy set of headlights which they couldn't provide a solution on and when they saw me post on instagram that i was going to send them back they took it upon themselves to call me personally to find out what was going on ....

Again, I will never give any company any free endorsement just to get a set of headlights for a damn discount which is what they later offered me on the phone ... I told them to put it in writing instead of a verbal agreement with an actual working set of headlights and they said they were out of stock lol ..

I have had several great experiences with many companies, RBP being one of them and they have never asked me to give a false review for anything or on anything ... their customer service was great and still is .... LASFIT another company who I have had a great experience with ...

So relax, I have every right to warn someone about the potential of a bad experience ... I tried to tell someone else about staying away from BAK Industries and now there is a thread about that person have a horrible experience with them regardless of whether there is a 3rd party involved or not ...

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
glad I made popcorn is getting good.

Several people in your whine thread were wondering where the cheese and crackers were and looks like you just cracked open another bottle.

Please remember to tip the wait staff...LOL!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
glad I made popcorn is getting good.

Several people in your whine thread were wondering where the cheese and crackers were and looks like you just cracked open another bottle.

Please remember to tip the wait staff...LOL!

Lol is that all you have ? Come on man lol ... Looks like you are the one who is butt hurt because "I" don't like Alpharex's BS lol .... I am no ones fanboy first and foremost .... nothing more to say ...unless of course you have something else that is actually worth discussing lol ...

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had the alpharex g2 pros on my 19 classic. Had similar issues with the bulb out warning. It's correctable with resistors if alfaobd can't eliminate the errors. That said, I am currently running a set of alpharex made oem style projectors with hid low beams, led highs and have zero issues. I've changed all my bulb settings to led/hid and set my turn signals to function as the drl. The beam pattern is pretty good, highs are very functional (something I really didn't like about the g2 pros was the poor high beam pattern). The lights fit and function great and are well worth the money, especially if you like the look of the oem projector setups. Either way, you'll want to get the kaodtech security bypass harness, alfaobd and a blue obd2 adapter so that you can change the settings. I'd also recommend hid for low beam projectors to get the best pattern and output. FYI, none of my bulbs are canbus compatible nor am I using resistors or capacitors or other modules to make things work.

20210528_072835.jpg

20210511_205002.jpg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I had the alpharex g2 pros on my 19 classic. Had similar issues with the bulb out warning. It's correctable with resistors if alfaobd can't eliminate the errors. That said, I am currently running a set of alpharex made oem style projectors with hid low beams, led highs and have zero issues. I've changed all my bulb settings to led/hid and set my turn signals to function as the drl. The beam pattern is pretty good, highs are very functional (something I really didn't like about the g2 pros was the poor high beam pattern). The lights fit and function great and are well worth the money, especially if you like the look of the oem projector setups. Either way, you'll want to get the kaodtech security bypass harness, alfaobd and a blue obd2 adapter so that you can change the settings. I'd also recommend hid for low beam projectors to get the best pattern and output. FYI, none of my bulbs are canbus compatible nor am I using resistors or capacitors or other modules to make things work.

View attachment 248944

View attachment 248945
That doesn't look bad at all ...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk