Alpharex NOVA headlights installed and review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
AE5548

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How did you get them at that price? On their site the less expensive Nova is $1,150. Is there a promo code? I've been waiting to see if they will come out with a 4th of July discount to get the Pro Series 2500 Gen 5 style.

Keep in mind mine are the Chrome versions. They offer Chrome, Jet Black and Alpha Black. The chrome is the cheapest which was great for me since i have the chrome grill and bumpers and wanted it to match. But i bought them from a dealer on Ebay who had a "Best Offer" option and he took it right away.

OP
OP
AE5548

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you think the foreground light is too much on these? That is the only thing I would be worried about, too much foreground light will hurt your distance vision since it constricts your pupils

These lights throw light farther than i can see anyhow so i have yet to have any issues with distance. Compared to stock it's like driving during the day. Until i installed these i didn't even realize how much i was missing.

Reactions: JB1

MudderRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Keep in mind mine are the Chrome versions. They offer Chrome, Jet Black and Alpha Black. The chrome is the cheapest which was great for me since i have the chrome grill and bumpers and wanted it to match. But i bought them from a dealer on Ebay who had a "Best Offer" option and he took it right away.
Didn't think of eBay. I will check on there right now. Thanks.

superjoe83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Which seller did you buy from?

OP
OP
AE5548

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bestbuy-auto

OP
OP
AE5548

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First pic is just the high beams. Then the low beams then the low beams and white fog lights.

E20433C5-8BC7-468E-9A00-7BFA3470FA47.jpeg

08C7A1B7-78ED-4DEA-AA5C-CA93A84358BA.jpeg

3C40ECD8-792D-47EF-8F09-97DB6CEBB4A6.jpeg

MidnightSVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Great write up and pictures. Thanks for posting!! I am interested in getting the Chrome set as well. I saw in your initial post that you are getting a dash "Front parking lamp out" message. Did you get that resolved? Did you need AlphaOBD for anything else (with the headlights)?

OP
OP
AE5548

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great write up and pictures. Thanks for posting!! I am interested in getting the Chrome set as well. I saw in your initial post that you are getting a dash "Front parking lamp out" message. Did you get that resolved? Did you need AlphaOBD for anything else (with the headlights)?

No AlfaOBD needed for the headlights themselves. I did switch both my front markers and turn signals to LED in AlfaOBD and I’m still getting the lamp out message. Sometimes at startup. Other times when I turn the parking lights in. I’m going to try and clear it again this week.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No AlfaOBD needed for the headlights themselves. I did switch both my front markers and turn signals to LED in AlfaOBD and I’m still getting the lamp out message. Sometimes at startup. Other times when I turn the parking lights in. I’m going to try and clear it again this week.

Did you set the low/high beams to led?

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins

It could be the switchback lights. I did the switchback bulb replacements (Morimoto and Profile Peak) on my 18 and kept getting the bulb out message on the parking lights. I setup a test fixture for the bulbs and ran some tests. What I found was when they would switch back from turn signal mode to parking light mode the current would drop to zero for 1-2 seconds. Correlating this with the truck behaviour I was able to determine that was the issue.

You can check it yourself. Turn you head lights to the off position (not auto) with the truck off. Start the truck. You won't have the bulb out warning. Use the turn signals and everything will be fine. Now turn on you headlights, It should come up with no bulb out warning. Then use your turn signals. You do you will get a bulb out warning as soon as you use the turn signals.

I'm thinking of adding a relay to power some external running lights where the relay trigger is off the parking light lead. This should provide enough current draw to keep the truck from seeing it as an open when the switchbacks switch back to parking mode.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Crew Cab
Engine
What has Alpharex said to their owners regarding this issue?
Have they offered any assistance, other than install resistors?

RodeoGeorge

MudderRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

RodeoGeorge

I'm very curious about this since I'm about to order a set. ARex can't call it plug and play if you need additional parts or software.

GordDavey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed the AlphaRex G2's (full chrome just like your Nova's just with two projectors, listed on Amazon as G3 Pro for some reason), but they have the sequential turn signals, do the little dance on startup and get the exact same Parking Light Out message in the cluster. For me it sets the code in the Body computer, and then never comes up on the cluster again. If I clear the faults on the BCM, then it immediately comes back as a fault, displays once on the cluster and doesn't show up again. I have low/high beam turn signals etc all set to LED, changing them back to no LED doesn't appear to make any difference at all that I can see.
Absolutely love the lights!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Crew Cab
Engine
I just installed the AlphaRex G2's (full chrome just like your Nova's just with two projectors, listed on Amazon as G3 Pro for some reason), but they have the sequential turn signals, do the little dance on startup and get the exact same Parking Light Out message in the cluster. For me it sets the code in the Body computer, and then never comes up on the cluster again. If I clear the faults on the BCM, then it immediately comes back as a fault, displays once on the cluster and doesn't show up again. I have low/high beam turn signals etc all set to LED, changing them back to no LED doesn't appear to make any difference at all that I can see.
Absolutely love the lights!

I can live with a one time display in the cluster.
Any hyperflash?

Can you provide a link to the lights on Amazon please.

RodeoGeorge

OP
OP
AE5548

AE5548

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

RodeoGeorge

I haven’t contacted them yet to ask. That’s on my list for this week.

squadco343

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
In looking at these on the Alpharex Site, I see that the directional lights are not sequential.
Is this correct?

If so, that is a bit disappointing.

RodeoGeorge
My are are not sequential! Turn signals are very dim and I got several error messages. Also they do not turn with the headlight switch, only in "auto" mode. Very disappointing to say the least.