Alpine 7 speaker system in 2014 R/T Sport took a dump!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walker77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Need some help...

Today, I got in my truck to make a run uptown and to my surprise, the sound coming out of my speakers was really bad! I got out of the truck to check the speakers and found that both 6x9 door speakers weren't working. All the rest were working, but sounded terrible. I checked the AMP 25 fuse under the hood, and the inline fuse..all were good. I even pulled the neg battery cable overnight hoping it would reset the system..but to no avail. I think my AMP has taken a dump on me and isn't working. I wanted to upgrade my speakers and amp to a better sounding unit anyway, but now this. Has anyone else had this problem and is there an alternative amp to run your speakers that is compatible with the 8.4 UCONNECT System. I was looking at the 77KICKAB Kicker Amp (8 channel) for the Jeeps that looks like a direct plug in for my Ram. I believe I read on the mopar site that this fits the Rams as well, I just don't know if it will run my speakers properly because I AM NOT sound system knowledgeable at all. I also contacted Crutchfield, and the suggested a JL 4 Channel AMP with Kicker or Infinity 2 or 3 ohm speakers. They also told me the JL AMP would work with the 8.4 touchscreen system..which I'm not so sure about.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the head unit is working then your best bet is to try and pull signal before the Alpine amp. The best way to do that is a PAC Audio AmpPRO unit. The problem is that the amp also does some processing and I don’t know if the Pac will work right when the factory amp is broken.

If you were going to try, you would need the Pac unit plus a power amp and then connect that to the speakers. It’s how my system is set up but I don’t think the installer actually removed the factory amp.

As for their suggestion to just get an amp, that’s not a great option since you would be feeding that amp a signal coming FROM the factory amp.

Sorry there’s not an easy solution.

OP
OP
W

Walker77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the advice, sounds like the way to go. Now to see if I need to buy another stock mopar amp for the Ram or if I can try to run the mopar 77KICKAB jeep amp that is a 8 channel and can handle higher wattage.

Brad3030

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram big horn
Engine
5.7 hemi
has this been resolved my amp took a dump the other day as well

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member