Alpine speaker upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Who has upgraded their alpine system ? What speakers did you use? Are you happy with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ilovemyramlaremie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I upgraded my alpine system. JL audio 6.5 components on the doors, 3.5 JL on the dash, JL stealthbox 10’s woofers under the rear seat. Love it

OP
OP
bellaireroad

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I upgraded my alpine system. JL audio 6.5 components on the doors, 3.5 JL on the dash, JL stealthbox 10’s woofers under the rear seat. Love it

Thanks, was it pretty much plug and play?

ilovemyramlaremie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
No not quite, because I opted for
Thanks, was it pretty much plug and play?

no not quite. I opted for the PAC interface to keep my alpine radio functions , and a clean 5 volt signal
For adding external amps, and the bass knob control FCEFAD5C-C974-40BF-9661-4219950631AF.png

Austin Shepherd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How did you install this? Ive literally been looking for weeks. I know how to install a basic sub/amp system but I have no idea where to wire things to. Or what a PAC even is. Also heard I need an LOC? Sound shops want over a grand to put a better subwoofer and amp in my 16 Rebel because of the alpine system. Thanks for the help.

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How did you install this? Ive literally been looking for weeks. I know how to install a basic sub/amp system but I have no idea where to wire things to. Or what a PAC even is. Also heard I need an LOC? Sound shops want over a grand to put a better subwoofer and amp in my 16 Rebel because of the alpine system. Thanks for the help.

The post above yours shows you exactly what you need. The PAC unit also functions as a LOC. Just connect amps or DSP from there. Check YouTube for install videos.

Austin Shepherd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey thank you for the reply. I went to buy it and it's saying I need this too? I watched a video and this wasn't part of it. Have you seen this before?

Screenshot_20200222-085338_Chrome.jpg

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure, I had my shop take care of it.

Nathan Davies

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Question for TomT

hey i just came across your post and was curious about the jl 6.5 i want to go with them, however i hear that they dont fit the stock opening ? can you shed some light on the set up that you used thanks..

Nathan

ilovemyramlaremie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Question for TomT

hey i just came across your post and was curious about the jl 6.5 i want to go with them, however i hear that they dont fit the stock opening ? can you shed some light on the set up that you used thanks..

Nathan
Sent you a PN

Ron Basile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went nuts!! Idata Link Maestro to the Kenwood XR600-6dsp and Kenwood XR1000.1 as my power supply and DSP. Hybrid Audio's Mirus 6x9's in the doors (sound deadened) and Hybrid Audio's Unity 3.5 in the dash. 2- 10" Dayton Audio's Ultimax 10" subs in a ported Foxbox. Soon the second battery will go under the hood. Already got the Vararam intake to open up the passenger side under the hood. Battery will go where the OEM intake was with a bracket from a 2500 diesel. Still using the factory 8.4" radio. Sounds incredible!