Alpine System Upgrade - Any reason to keep amp?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KirkDS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2020 Big Horn with Alpine system. I was a big car audio nerd back in the day, so it's interesting / challenging to figure out how things are done now. I think I have a basic idea of how to go about a full system upgrade, but a couple of things are still fuzzy.

If I go Amp Pro into a DSP via TOSLINK, then out to an amp or two, then use a harness to tie into the factory speaker wires, it seems like I'm all set. I'm just trying to understand the need for keeping the factory amp? Does it still serve a purpose? Does ANC just go away?

For what it's worth, I'm kinda geeked out over the idea of going all Alpine and being true to the original system and as a throwback to my younger days when I was all about anything Alpine. Their DSP seems to be pretty awesome and has a built-in amp.

Thanks for helping me fill in the gaps!

CG2742

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a dsr1 with ach4 harness. It plugs right in. 8 channel option. I did keep the stock amp and left stock sub in place. Just added two 12”.