Already having issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Six days in my new truck and issues have begun. While driving today the radio shut down and restarted, now I notice that my automatic e brake does not release when going out of park. I have checked all of the settings numerous times and it is still not releasing, it activates itself fine but I manually have to release it.

SMU-LIVE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 LARAMIE CREW CAB 4X2
Engine
HEMI 5.7 - 3.21
Hey, 14 Lonestar. I have a 2019 Laramie & my parking brake will not automatically disengage when I switch out of park unless my seat belt is buckled. Is it not disengaging even with the seat belt buckled?

OP
OP
14 Lonestar

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey, 14 Lonestar. I have a 2019 Laramie & my parking brake will not automatically disengage when I switch out of park unless my seat belt is buckled. Is it not disengaging even with the seat belt buckled?

That is a good point, I will have to go and check if that’s the case because I did not have my seat belt on as I was just going to move it a few feet.

davesrubyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Don't feel like a fool...I've had my 2019 Bighorn for over a year. I didn't know the e brake would do this. I'll have to give it a try and see.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

michael harpe

U.S. Army 2001-2014
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 hemi
when i got my 18 power wagon at 2am (long story), i was up till 6am reading the manual while sitting in the truck so i knew what everything did and how to operate it. does not one RTFM anymore?

mnchopper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I had a problem with my radio also shutting off and blue screening I stopped in at the dealership and told them of the problem and they ordered a radio with the new software installed it is a known problem, when it came in they called me and it was swapped out in 30 min.