Electrical issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

serch1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8 5.7 lt
Hello!
Wondering if anybody has had the issues I'm having with my 2022 Laramie Rambox 5.7 lt. Hemi engine. After driving for about 25 minutes or so, the 12" screen goes black, I have an announcement saying 120V auxiliary outlet is on, on a very dim cluster screen that's also flickering. Front windows don't work, (rest of windows and sun roof work fine), retractable steps work randomly. heat turns on and I think that's all I've notice it doing. Of course, no radio, back up camera, etc.
Truck works perfectly for about 25 to 30 minutes after I turn it on and then all these things happen at once.
Took it to the dealer and spent a month there but i don't think they even look at the thing. They simply had no clue. Any ideas or comments would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

SR

jcwilson1022

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had something similar happen to my 2020 Laramie Rambox 5.7. Black screen, some windows work, others don't, volume button on steering wheel stops working. Just a bunch of random electrical issues. Dealer couldn't figure it out. Ended up disconnecting the battery for 45 minutes and then everything started working again. Haven't had any issues in over a year.

OP
OP
S

serch1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8 5.7 lt
Thanks for your reply. I'll disconnect the battery and see if that helps. Thanks again.

OP
OP
S

serch1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8 5.7 lt
After disconnecting the battery for about 2 hours, i drove about 20 miles no issues. Parked for a coupe hours and drove back. After ten minutes, the issue reappeared. All the symptoms came back. This time the everything came back for a minute and then back to the problem. Did this a couple of times.
Hopefully someone has seen this that can shed some light. Thanks!

Units

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Bighorn
Engine
6.7l Cummins
Hello!
Wondering if anybody has had the issues I'm having with my 2022 Laramie Rambox 5.7 lt. Hemi engine. After driving for about 25 minutes or so, the 12" screen goes black, I have an announcement saying 120V auxiliary outlet is on, on a very dim cluster screen that's also flickering. Front windows don't work, (rest of windows and sun roof work fine), retractable steps work randomly. heat turns on and I think that's all I've notice it doing. Of course, no radio, back up camera, etc.
Truck works perfectly for about 25 to 30 minutes after I turn it on and then all these things happen at once.
Took it to the dealer and spent a month there but i don't think they even look at the thing. They simply had no clue. Any ideas or comments would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

SR
Being an ‘22 you should still have a warranty. I would take it back to the dealer and let them figure it out.

cowboyfrumhell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hello, I am having the exact same issue on my 2022 5.7 Rebel. Have you figured out any fixes? The dealership can't get it in to check it out for a couple of weeks. Please help!