Amber fog light recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Well they are going back. They are for looks only. They don’t throw nearly enough light. Barely know they are on. Really disappointed in these. I advise against ordering if looking for a functioning fog light for driving purposes. If just looking for esthetics then these will work fine.
The factory fog light housings leave much to be desired in the way of producing a useable fog light pattern. Using an underpowered LED as you found out is just for looks then if you go with a high powered LED as I found out make a great light to see things but they just throw gobs of light everywhere, useless for fog/snow.
The DiodeDynamics SS3 SAE Pro level fogs keeps the light under the bumper level low and curb to curb wide.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The factory fog light housings leave much to be desired in the way of producing a useable fog light pattern. Using an underpowered LED as you found out is just for looks then if you go with a high powered LED as I found out make a great light to see things but they just throw gobs of light everywhere, useless for fog/snow.
The DiodeDynamics SS3 SAE Pro level fogs keeps the light under the bumper level low and curb to curb wide.
My truck came with aftermarket led inserts, stock housing. They throw a great wide sharp beam yet white. I wanted to try a yellow/amber light. These were not the droids I was looking for in terms of output. Going back to my old led’s. I will look into the ones you suggested as well. Thanks.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
My 2016 bumper lights are not worth a darn in Fog that sits right on the ground.

I drove on Interstate 5 Fog & little foreign cars were doing twice my speed.
That inland valley is about 50 to 100 miles inland from the Ocean, but it gets socked in.

I put a light bar in my bumper & it made all the difference in the world.
Now i can do the Speed Limit in the heavy fog, but i learned to turn on the Cargo Light when it is foggy.
I don't need anyone slamming into my rear bumper, because their vehicles Fog Lights are worthless.

1699592931303.png

1699593023975.png
I still have to paint those brackets Black, so they will disappear

The 2009 - 2012 1500 fog lights would let you see the bar ditches, along the edges of the road.
The Heavy Duty Rams lights are still Horizontal
Which is more better :)

1699593460697.png

Last edited:

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I recently installed these yellow LED fogs, and they are great output and clarity. Lifetime warranty, too.

Attachments

• 20230910_205215.jpg
    20230910_205215.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230910_205221.jpg
    20230910_205221.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230910_205401.jpg
    20230910_205401.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 12

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm going with Diode Dynamics elite series yellow fog lights. It looks like one which I like and its on sale. The S3 is tempting too.because its on sale.

I like the Elites and the output seems very similar to the SS3, I went with the SS3s for the flexibility if I wanted to remove them and mount them somewhere else, and my longer term plans involve a new front bumper that the pods can bolt right in to. The Elites can't really be put anywhere else.

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
Maybe late for the party, but I used CJC Offroad bracket w/ BajaDesigns Squadron lights.
This is my first time buying top shelf LEDs. Ive always thought, "they're all the same. Why spend that much..." Boy, was I wrong.
These babies are like turning on the Sun! I have to be careful not to use them with oncoming traffic, so that may affect your decision.

https://www.cjcoffroad.com/collecti...500-fog-pocket-package?variant=40501973680226
Sorry, dont have any pics yet. Im bad about not taking truck pictures. (my profile pic is still of my '17 1500) :hidesbehindsofa:

Ramo70

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I recently installed these yellow LED fogs, and they are great output and clarity. Lifetime warranty, too.

Did you have to cut into your lower grill or just mounted on top of it with the provided brackets? thx

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Did you have to cut into your lower grill or just mounted on top of it with the provided brackets? thx
I installed them on my Classic Express in the lower valance area with their provided hardware.
The included hardware kit accommodates different mounting options, too.

Drilled out two holes on each side; one for the power wire and the other for the straight back and through bolted mounting point.

Ran the wiring to the firewall and into my cabin and installed the switch to the lower right of my steering wheel.

The quality of their product is incredible, and the light output is equally amazing.
Makes a huge difference when driving in fog, snow or heavy rain.
Yellow is the way to go, hands down!

I just had them removed so I can install them on my new Warlock I take delivery of this Friday ;)

Ramo70

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed them on my Classic Express in the lower valance area with their provided hardware.
The included hardware kit accommodates different mounting options, too.

Drilled out two holes on each side; one for the power wire and the other for the straight back and through bolted mounting point.

Ran the wiring to the firewall and into my cabin and installed the switch to the lower right of my steering wheel.

The quality of their product is incredible, and the light output is equally amazing.
Makes a huge difference when driving in fog, snow or heavy rain.
Yellow is the way to go, hands down!

I just had them removed so I can install them on my new Warlock I take delivery of this Friday ;)
Thank you, looking to do the same as your original install. Do posts an updated pic on the Warlock when time allows, thx :cool: