Amber fog light recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skates15

Reaction score
Hello. I'm looking to replace my fog lights with amber ones, either halogen or LED for better visibility with snow. Any recommendations are appreciated, even changing housing.

Thanks.

OP
OP
skates15

skates15

Reaction score
Hello. I'm looking to replace my fog lights with amber ones, either halogen or LED for better visibility with snow. Any recommendations are appreciated, even changing housing.

Thanks.
I have a 23 1500 big horn, non-led.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Thank you for that, I'll go with it.
Was going to recommend those also, I have the SAE Pro level Fogs in white and I'll say they work great even in near white out conditions. Luckily I had them as my headlights were bouncing back from the blowing snow.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for that, I'll go with it.
I run the Sport SAE fog in amber with no backlight, I won't run anything else now. In fact I'm trying to figure out how to mod them in to a Durango fog light mount just to run them on both vehicles.

OP
OP
skates15

skates15

Reaction score
I run the Sport SAE fog in amber with no backlight, I won't run anything else now. In fact I'm trying to figure out how to mod them in to a Durango fog light mount just to run them on both vehicles.
I was looking at the amber backlight option with the yellow light. What is the purpose of the amber backlight?

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was looking at the amber backlight option with the yellow light. What is the purpose of the amber backlight?
Running/parking light. I have it on one set and it's only because there wasn't an option for no backlight. I don't see the point really myself.

OP
OP
skates15

skates15

Reaction score
Running/parking light. I have it on one set and it's only because there wasn't an option for no backlight. I don't see the point really myself.
Ah, okay. I agree about the running light plus its a bit cheaper without the backlight.

JellyBoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Running these, live in Norway so plenty of snow to use the amber and under normal driving conditions I use white. Have my fogs set up as my DRL's

Alla Lighting 8000Lm 9006 (HB4) LED Bulbs, Low Beam Conversion Kits or Fog Lights Dual Color Switchback 6000K Xenon White/3000K Amber Yellow Replacement for Cars Trucks​

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just ordered a set but the ones for vertical fogs which I have .Got the yellow/amber. Excited to see the results! Thanks!
Little update as I received these, installed them and went for a drive. Well they are going back. They are for looks only. They don’t throw nearly enough light. Barely know they are on. Really disappointed in these. I advise against ordering if looking for a functioning fog light for driving purposes. If just looking for esthetics then these will work fine.